Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rear arch work
#1
Right some lady garden has done this to my pride and joy    

Can I fix this by just bashing it out as much as poss and fillering it ?? as I realllllly don't want to have it cut and welded :-(
#2
may be easyer to find a replacment door in the scrappers and just fill the arch Wink
#3
Don't think finding a champagne door will be too easy! Confused
#4
Believe it or not I did have a spare car exactly the same colour buuuut soda law I don't have it any more tbh I'm thinking of filling and spraying the door myself it's ye arch that looks f*cked its bent and buckled at so many angles Undecided gunna be a bitch to get looking the way it was :-(
#5
If you intent on doing it , just beat it out best you can and fill it, the metal isnt torn atall is it?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#6
With it been such a small area would be easy to fill. Can always ise kevlar reinforceD fibreglass filler that stuff is rock hard you need 80 discs to get tho it and plenty off. Then it only needs a very light skim of normal filler on the top. How we reduce cracking on the subway train body joints
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
#7
It's hasn't punctured the metal but it's very erm well looks hard to get straight enough to fill :-(                
#8
The metal is badly stretched........ hours job to weld a new section in, or faff about for hours and have filler
on your car.......... no brainer!!!!!
#9
Think I may get it cut and welded I think I really CBa to faff around with It anymore this at is a curse lol starting to get fed up
#10
Do you know who did it? Just take it to a body shop, and give them the bill.
#11
No whoever hit it just drove off :-(


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear wheel arch rust Mighty306 2 11,694 25-08-2022, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Arch Liners insomaniac45 2 2,620 27-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Last Post: insomaniac45
  Rear Arch Rust ct-hdi 1 2,296 06-08-2014, 01:15 AM
Last Post: JamesG

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)