Just driven the new 208

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just driven the new 208
As titled just been out in the new 208, really nice well put together car but... N it's a big full rounded but! The gearbox n clutch r just awful! Its nice 2 c they have uped ther game with build quality n equipment n it does handle really well but my god that gearbox has got 2 one of the worst ones out ther!
Anyway thought I'd let all u pug fans out ther no as my work mates don't like pugs :,( lol
Thanks given by:
I want a go.

Is the clutch like stepping in mashed potato?

Most clutches are like that nowadays, that's why everyone thinks my Peugeot is broken (it probably is)
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I'm tempted to take one for a test drive, they look pretty win!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Did you drive the GTi? I'm hoping to test drive one soon
Thanks given by:
Lol yer mashed potato! Thers just no feel init! In my job I drive nearly every new car n most clutches r pretty poor but that's in another world! Lol
Do it mate! I really enjoyed driving it n would like 2 think the gti's n sport models would hav a better gearbox but I get the bloody 1.2! Lol was quick tho but anything bellow 2.0 can do 1! Lol
Thanks given by:
Hydro clutches are much nicer, what you on about! Tongue

Just sat in the Golf for the last time as the seats and stuff are going tomorow, forgot how light the clutch and accelerator pedals are! Sad

Must admit, hydro clutches on small petrols are a pita though, so easy to stall as you cant feel it and cant hear the engine with all the sound deadening you get these days lol. Im sure you could get used to it quickly though.
Thanks given by:
i had a new fiesta as a courtesy car. Couldnt believe how light all the controls were. Its actually really and annoying and detracts from the driving experience in my opinion!
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2012, 10:51 AM)SRowell Wrote: i had a new fiesta as a courtesy car. Couldnt believe how light all the controls were. Its actually really and annoying and detracts from the driving experience in my opinion!

This. i like having quite a heavy clutch....makes driving much nicer IMO.
Saying that, the hydro clutch in my skoda is a lot heavier than the 306!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The pedals in a Punto are absolutely atrocious , I find it hard to believe the 208 could be worse. I always feel as if the pedals are broken!!
Thanks given by:
+1 for new clutches! I love heavy clutches like 306's, much more feel for the car
Thanks given by:
Scott drove one a few months back and didn't like it at all. Hoping the GTI is better, I want a go!

Also want to take the DS4 out for a drive ninja
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Same here, much rather hav a heavy clutch with feel than a light clutch with feck all feel!
Do want 2 try the shitroen but we don't hav any @ our place, we only get the vans n if that's wat al the range is like then I'm happy with not knowing lol I don't no how the new partner can b that much better than the belingo! It's basically the same bloody van! Lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worst vehicle you've ever driven? Razorback_Rob 65 9,686 24-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  308 - Driven! Mini Review... C.A.R. 7 1,455 02-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle
  What's The Worst Car You've Driven? c.gerrard 38 6,188 16-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Pugmarshall