Turbo question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo question
Hi again,

Right, another question about the recent acquisition. Reminder - 97 Ph2 Dturbo XUD. Again cue the comparisons to my old ph1 xldt..  On the xldt, the turbo came in about 2.5k and produced boost right the way up to max revs. You could feel this in the way the car drove, but also I had a boost guage so I knew it - did 13psi all the way to the top.

On this Dturbo, the boost seems to come in earlier, but goes away too. I find that it boosts well from about 2k to 3.2k ish, but 3.5 - 4k it tails right off. I haven't fitted the boost guage yet, so can't quantify this, but I can feel it. This car has the EGR, which my other one didn't - is that the reason?  Is it likely to be a different turbo maybe?
Thanks given by:
quite likely different 'bine mate yes . . there are 4 standard ones to choose from . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
OK weird one. Disconnected the green EGR plug. Checked it was doing its job by popping the vac feed to the EGR off, and there was no vac being fed to the port, so all good. Took the car out and now I have boost all the way up !?

I know this is a can of worms..... but is there any issue with leaving it this way?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kkk turbo question Saloon306 1 963 10-06-2016, 02:22 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  A question about turbo noises. Tom 39 9,254 22-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Tom
  Turbo help, quick question Ricky 0 1,094 12-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Ricky