406 destroyed tyres.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
406 destroyed tyres.
Sad 
So the new daily I have is a 406 saloon, HDi 90. I'll put a thread up tomorrow. However, I've got issues already Sad

The inner edge of the rear tyres is completely destroyed, like down to the metal and some, can't believe I missed it when I picked the car up, but it came with plenty of fuel so I guess that offsets the cost of a pair of part worns.. Angry

My first thought is the tracking is out, as it also feels a bit tail happy and "wobbly" in corners. Anyone got any other suggestions??

Edit: Jacked it up to swap wheels and all feels solid, so no shot bushes etc..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
My money would be on the tie rods on the back have not been adjusted correctly. They have probably been replace but not tracked up
Thanks given by:
rear suspension links are made from Weetabix........they wear out all the time allowing rears to self steer/bump steer
Thanks given by:
Wow, that's a lot of destroyed tyres!

Oh wait.... lol
Thanks given by:
as said when replacing the rear links the rear needs to be set up again, 2 types of adjustment model depending, Mind it's a easy way of getting Neg camber on the back.
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
quick thought...they werent on the front, worn on inside then chucked on the rear??

once a tyre has started wearing badly on one edge is kinda stays that way
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, I'm gonna get some part worns on there and then get the alignment checked asap.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Have you got a laser and a level? I need my tracking done ASAP
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
or just some string. old bloke taught me how to use a piece of string. and he did a couple of cars with it before we chucked it on the lasers....spot on!! lol!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear pads destroyed in 8 months mad306man 3 1,000 31-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Last Post: John1.4