speedo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speedo
i changed the engine in my mates car but his one is cable driven, and the new engine is electronic, i swapped the sensor over but still isnt working.

any ideas?
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Did you ever find an answer to this since mines not worked for almost two years lol
Thanks given by:
2 years without a speedo!! Have you checked that its clicked in correctly at the back of the clocks?
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Yep two years lol yeah its in the back of the clocks and the cable seems to be fine, tbh ive not investigated it too much other than an hour i spent on it when i first got it had clocks out check it fitte in at the back checkednits connected to the gearbox etc and not snapped , rang the motor spares to get a quote for a new one and got alod of waffle off the fella there who reckons they never had cable driven speedos in 306s other then that i got bored and quickly learnt my speed on my rev counter, well the Ones that save me from speed cameras lol , not had a single speeding ticket yet , but plus side the clocks are still on 102k miles like the day i bought it even though the engine was from a 86k car , when i changed my cluth i had a half hearted attempt at looking to see if the speedo drive came out of the box but couldnt be bothered in the end lol, was just wondering what was the fault
On yours then id know which is the probably culprit and can get a new part then for
When i get it back on the road
Thanks given by: