rear beam bolt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rear beam bolt
Hi I'm new to this forum but I'm wondering if theres any other techniques to lowering the rear beam ive got the arb out and 1 torx bolt but the other just won't budge! Sad ive had a blow torch on it smacked it loads with a hammer mostly in frustration haha but snapped 2 torx so far and the heads beginning to go so I cant see me being able to free it... Anyone else have this problem? Is it a new beam or can I lower it another way? Hope you can help thanks Alex
Thanks given by:
You need to get the torx screw out to lower it properly, also heat around that area wont do the already fragile beam bearings any good,

you can lower it the "Pikey/Notch" way without removing that screw , you will have to undo the bolt on the other end of the torsion bar, and smash the back of the trailing arm with a sledge hammer, but this will only allow, adjustments of, 20,40&80mm IIRC so do that side first then match the otherside,

But as said doing it this way isnt ideal as your only pulling one spline out one end instead of pulling both splines giving total free adjustment

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Thankyou! Ohh right oops :/ I'll have another crack at it today many thanks Alex
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 15,743 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,455 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 6,845 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK