Octane boosters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octane boosters
Hey all anyone heard about these octane boosters was in halfords this morning and saw one made by nos was race formular with nitro methane and mmt just wonderd if anyone had any comments about it or had used their self
Cheers
Craig
Thanks given by:
I used to buy a booster to add to the oil...but that was for diesel.

if its for petrol its a waste imo

you have a car tuned for 95octane

if you were always using 97 or 99 etc you would need to retune for it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
unless you have a very high performance engine you wont notice any difference atall

its designed for imprezas and evos
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jbcCr2ll3c
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
there you go then, point proven haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
yeh that 5th gear thing exactly. Its all bollox. It may clean it out slightly if you use it once but octane boosting in that low quantity is never going to do anything!
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 03:05 PM)bighead02 Wrote: Hey all anyone heard about these octane boosters was in halfords this morning and saw one made by nos was race formular with nitro methane and mmt just wonderd if anyone had any comments about it or had used their self because i've bought one after falling for the sales pitch and i haven't noticed any difference so far
Cheers
Craig

EFA Wink
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Theoretically a GTi6 might see something, they do have a knock sensor, so if thr stock 95 fuel isnt enough to resist knock it may help a little. However, 89Ron should barely see the management pulling timing..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I've just always found it runs a lot smoother up in the revs, seems to make it pop more too on 99
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by: