HDI dash clock swap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI dash clock swap
I quite fancy having oil temp on my clocks and the GTI6 has this. So, would it work if I replace my clocks with one of a 6?

Has anyone done this before?
Thanks given by:
Would be better fitting a separate guage i would have thought as revs and all arent the same.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This is true the revs and speed are labeled different but because it's just pulses from the ECU for speed and revs, so I guess it will still show the right revs and speed unlike the old cable operated ones.
Thanks given by:
you dont need to swap gauges the hdi gauge has the same internal wiring/electronics
you only need to pick up the correct pin on the plug and wire in the sensor
the down side to this is the hdi loom dont have the wire for oil temp

but....................

there is a wire you could use
and im not saying where which wire yet cause im looking into this as a project guide Big Grin

just lacking time at the moment to complet this
Thanks given by:
I'll leave this in your capable hands then and look forward to your guide matey.
Thanks given by:
i've got 6 clocks in my hdi they work fine,i only put them in cos my old ones RANDOMLY BROKE on the day of MOT and couldn't get any HDI one's in time,don't like them either as i can't use all the 8K rev counter lol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
sorry i'm slow today read it wrong,thought you meant oil level haha http://1.2.3.10/bmi/306oc.co.uk/forum/im...nfused.gif
Thanks given by: