Making a custom exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a custom exhaust
Anyone have any views, opinions or advice on this?

In theory you could make a full turbo back system just using straight pipes and flexible joiners with whatever bore you wanted.

Also leaks wouldn't be a major issue as its a XUD.

You can get 3 meters of 3" stainless steel for £65 on ebay, flexible joiners are about £20.

Can you see where this is going? Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Good idea, although I think I'd use some stainless bends rather than using flexis for every bend. I wouldn't trust that many flexis to hold the exhaust steady.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
nowt wrong with home made exhaust, just make sure you really clamp it together well at the different sections
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I put a thread up about this with a much easier option not long ago ninja
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Do you seriously need 3" pipework? lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
3" for a T25 is a big overkill i'd have thought
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Max I just looked at your thread, goes like:

Downpipe > 45• bend > straight > 45• bend > 45• bend > straight/backbox ?

I would draw a picture but I'm on the phone... :/

T25 for now but for how long though... ninja

And it could be 2.5, 2.75 or 3 inch. Any size in theory.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
65 for 3m of stainless pipe is really expensive, I built my complete exhaust for 35. pipefitter/welder is my trade so i got all the bits at cost price
Thanks given by:
im doing the same on my hdi. 3straights and 3 60deg bends. all 3inch and welded
Thanks given by:
Yeah same here, gonna just buy a couple of 2m lengths, a flexi section and some 180* bends, then just cut and weld to what I need.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Did this on a mates 406 2.2hdi estate, 3" straight through from the downpipe, it's stupid loud now but sounds good... Almost like a jet taking off when he boots it!
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2013, 09:43 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: 65 for 3m of stainless pipe is really expensive, I built my complete exhaust for 35. pipefitter/welder is my trade so i got all the bits at cost price

But for everyone else who isn't a pipefitter, £65 is good.
Thanks given by:
Try phoning places near you before buying on ebay, you may need to buy a 6m length tho but you cold split the cost with someone elce
Thanks given by:
Yeah your bound to get a better price that way its certainly worth ringing places.
Thanks given by:
Go to any kwik fit, Hi Q, exhaust/ tyre place and ask them where they throw the scrap exhausts.
They will normally have a pile around the back which they would let you have for free.
there isnt enough weight in exhausts for it to be worthwhile them taking it to the scrap metal man, so they are normally are happy enough for you to take it. (Throw them a packet of biscuits for their ten o clock tea)

I havent ever bought exhaust pipein years.
Thanks given by:
Christ that's expensive. You will still need to cut it up and weld it so you might aswell get the most for your money if ypure gonna go about it like that. Go to a scrap metal yard and you will have a piece like that for about £3.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2013, 12:03 AM)RJDubya Wrote: Did this on a mates 406 2.2hdi estate, 3" straight through from the downpipe, it's stupid loud now but sounds good... Almost like a jet taking off when he boots it!

Who made it for him bud? Could do with someone local doing one for me
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 10:22 PM)londondan86 Wrote:
(14-03-2013, 12:03 AM)RJDubya Wrote: Did this on a mates 406 2.2hdi estate, 3" straight through from the downpipe, it's stupid loud now but sounds good... Almost like a jet taking off when he boots it!

Who made it for him bud? Could do with someone local doing one for me

Have a word with Neil when he does your welding for you, it's his 406 estate... Straight through and decat we got done in a day, not sure if he left it clamped or welded it up after... He's collecting parts to fit a t28 at the mo, should be a bit of a monster!
Thanks given by: