Home cinema gurus?

Poll: What would you do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Soundbar & Sub
0%
0 0%
Full Fat Home cinema
100.00%
3 100.00%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home cinema gurus?
Ive been in audio/tv/electrical shops last 2 days playing around with stuff.

Ive decided that im buying myself a samsung UE40ES8000, which is one of their newest tele's. I cant go any bigger than 40" as im in barrack rooms for the next 5 years!

I also currently have a Yamaha YAS-101 soundbar. with an built in sub, which needless to say, isnt bassy enough.

So i started looking at kef subs. The edge of the tele is silver, though you can hardly see it, and the soundbar is gloss black, which means the sub has to be gloss too. I LOVE the sound that the KEF T2 sub produces, but at £600 so i should! However, the Cube 2 and the C4 also make an awesome crisp and solid sounding bass.

In the shop, they only had these subs set up with accompanying KEF surround speakers... which got me thinking...

Do i keep the soundbar and get a sub, or do i sell the soundbar (£200 quids worth) and get a full fat home cinema system?

Ive been looking at amps and 5.1 systems, my favourite looking is the t105, its slim and space saving (ideal in barracks) but pricey! But i love good quality sounding speakers and sound when watching films/listening to music. But i think i might be over doing it and the soundbar & sub combo will be more than adequate for my barracks...

What would others do in my situation? Money not really an issue...

Not looking at tom to tell me to buy a bum poker and save the rest either!

cheers for your opinions
Thanks given by:
decent Surround system will always be superior to a bar.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
full 5:1 system here and its great!
i bought a panny bluerayhome cinama system was a lot of money but well worth it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah 100% agree, just thinking about the other people who live in my block! Dont want them all to hear Vin Diesel drifting past my window!

(29-01-2013, 03:39 PM)cully Wrote: full 5:1 system here and its great!
i bought a panny bluerayhome cinama system was a lot of money but well worth it Big Grin

when i get back, if i go for the 5.1 system, with the tele, x box and a half decent yamaha amp im looking at around 3k
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer gurus - crashing PC ginge191 8 1,935 24-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  2.0 pinto gurus? Piggy 23 3,088 10-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: fatlapit
  Computer Gurus londondan86 13 4,797 11-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Eeyore