307 problem - poss DMF?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 problem - poss DMF?
Hi fellas, asking on behalf of my Dad who's having a nightmare with his 307.

Recently had the dreaded fuel cap sensor fault, closely followed by the pollution fault. Told him to replace fuel cap sensor as this was faulty and meant DPF wouldn't go through the regen process. He did this, topped up the EOLYS fluid and the car ran a couple of regen's and all was fine.

However the garage that did the forced regen etc have now said "by the way, it needs x y z done and if you want to p/x it you'll practically have to pay us".

Amongst the faults (pretty basic stuff like brakes and bearings) there's a worrying tapping noise come from when the clutch is depressed. I have a sneaky suspicion it's a DMF and giving the tell tale signs the bearing's away, Dad seems to think it's piston slap.

Does anyone know if the 307 1.6 HDI's came with DMF's from the factory? It's never had a flywheel replaced so will be the original, if it IS a DMF then imo it's done well to last 7 years!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
iirc all derv 307s came with DMFs?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hmm, any idea what smf's will fit? He's been quoted £1k to do flywheel and clutch...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't worry about dmf rattle tbh, they last for ages like that! Did 12k on a rattly one lol...it was 11 years old and had over 140k when I got rid.

One of the worst things on new diesels tbh!

That doesn't sound a bad price though, smf won't be much cheaper as its mainly labour costs but there are some about as my college mate was looking at them for his 307, think its a setup off an Expert iirc but not sure which one!
Thanks given by:
that sounds like typical DMF failure, £1k is a shit load TBH. if you know a mate/family member in the trade get them to source you the parts as garages always add on to what they get parts for, also try and get a solid flywheel conversion as we do this alot of the time if the customer is keeping the car for a long time
Thanks given by:
Peugeot acrtually did a SMF conversion kit for these as they were particularly bad on the early ones. Might be worth having a word with gsf and seeing if they can price one
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
i had a nightmare 307 too...but if you learn all the silly faults it can be fixed cheaper. get the dpf gutted out and get a mapper to map it off the ecu as well as it deactivated it peugeot planet to stop it trying to regen. I sold mine just as the DMF was going but have driven one with a solid conversion and they are much better. and labour shouldnt cost anything like that!
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decisions. G.I poss breaking my silver 6 spike2002 42 8,606 02-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Last Post: spike2002
  Cheapish GTi6 K&N Panel Filters £31.62 (poss others too) bongo 3 1,610 19-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Last Post: C.A.R.