Newbie greetings BIG PICS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie greetings BIG PICS
Evening all,

Ive been out of the scene for a while but have been told this is the place to be to talk about our french skips? A friend by the name of (fozzy) directed me here so props to him.

Im 22 from kent, currently own my 6th 306, so i know my way round with them.
ive owned a;
1.4 lx
P1 black Dturbo (now my dads workhorse)
P3 black 1.8 xs
P3 ORANGE 1.8 xs
P2 nile GTi6 (my Favourite)

I then (after watching Tokyo drift) decided to buy a 200sx for which the police decided i should be awarded with a years driving ban! thanks for that!

And now, as of yesterday i own a minty fresh P1 1.6 xs!!

[Image: IMG_5689.png]

[Image: IMG_5688.png]

My intentions on here are to collect information, buy and possibly sells some bits over time and meet new pug owners. All questions welcome.

Any ideas for the XS are welcomed, im aware that it shares a similar engine to the 106 rallye?..
Regards Mark
Thanks given by:
Not much to be done to the 1.6 they do share the same engine as in the 106/saxo's just not he 16v models. As you probably know there was a silver top version which supposedly had more bhp but being phase 1 I think you have the old one

Oh ans hai!
Welcome along
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

I've gotta say, that paintwork looks to be in mint condition (if a little pink - that might just be the light)! Quite rare for a cherry!
Thanks given by:
I don't think it is pink to be honest Scott - just overexposed.

Car looks tidy, welcome aboard Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome along,

I must say that does look extreamly mint for a phase1, did you get it from a granny by chance? Any plans for it? i suggest a 1.6 16v gti engine Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
hi there! and yes i can confirm that the oaff with the dslr doesnt know how to use it properly! she is very clean, only 47k too.

mods wise im realistic, having come from a gti6 i wont be expecting too much but considering i cant insure a rallye or a vtr i think this is a good alternative? plug id rather cut my own nipples off than drive a saxo..

keeping my eyes open for an s1 rallye manifold, a head from an xsi or rallye again, an exhaust system as close to a pugsport as i can get. with a smart little manifold, probably need a look and ecu from a rallye too.

suspension brakes and wheels are likely to be from a gti6.

I wont be pretending im a rallye or gti, this is a 1.6. if it can sound like a rallye ill be happy, my days of action are over for now.
Thanks given by:
The body looks so clean on that, if you know you're going to be realistic about performance, then maybe focus on looks instead? Some subtle bits, nice wheels, a drop and some skirts and it'd look awesome Smile. Maybe colour code the handles and mirror caps too
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 07:05 PM)Curt Wrote: The body looks so clean on that, if you know you're going to be realistic about performance, then maybe focus on looks instead? Some subtle bits, nice wheels, a drop and some skirts and it'd look awesome Smile. Maybe colour code the handles and mirror caps too

well ive been storing some original 15" Compomotive Mo5's for just such a car. sideskirts and mirrors are a good shout but faffing with colour matching could be a pain? thanks for the reponse pal
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 07:12 PM)maz-306-xs Wrote:
(23-08-2012, 07:05 PM)Curt Wrote: The body looks so clean on that, if you know you're going to be realistic about performance, then maybe focus on looks instead? Some subtle bits, nice wheels, a drop and some skirts and it'd look awesome Smile. Maybe colour code the handles and mirror caps too

well ive been storing some original 15" Compomotive Mo5's for just such a car. sideskirts and mirrors are a good shout but faffing with colour matching could be a pain? thanks for the reponse pal

Get the parts from a ph3/rallye that are already coded cherry red

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Don't put gti springs on bud it will raise it!

Welcome, car looks sweet
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What suspension then??! also somebody talk to me about exhausts, does it need a 306 catback? a 106 manifold?? ARRGH!
Thanks given by:
They do kits for the 1.6 or just get a set of coilovers
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I didn't think you would actually join Tongue

Its actually quite red in real life, photos don't do this car justice, its been well cared for, just a shame about the engine
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Comp Mo's would look sweet, they suit the phase 1 well. I've got Pro Race 3's on mine in white, same style so I like them Smile. But as said, could wait for the parts to come up, or get your paint matched an you'll have no worries. Go with either a good shock/lowering spring combo, just springs or coilovers all dependant on budget. If you don't want to go low you're better off sticking to shocks and springs.
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate!! Looks a really tidy car!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
Damn, that is tidy!
I say drop a 1.6 16v in it
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Welcome along that looks mint. I say 1.6 16v and a naughty turbo Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along!
Thanks given by:
welcome, looking goooood!!!
[Image: IMAG0356-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
brilliant condition and welcome to the club. Basically you want a little induction kit which is basically just removing the air filter box and putting on a cone filter or a K&N. Then like the exhaust depend what noise you want but sportexs are pretty loud. Lowering.... Cheap ebay coilovers will be hard but will do the job and will be cheap. Torsion bar lowering is about £80-110 and front springs should be like £30 to fit and £40-50 to buy Smile Id do a 40mm drop and only go 60 if youre not happy with 40!
Thanks given by:
welcome mate, dependent on your insurance issues (if you tell them or not) i think you could make a 6 replica in cherry, not seen one myself about in person so would look pretty good!! my Dturbo is cherry red/pink with diablo boot Confused (last owner did boot) but yea im pretty jealous of paint haha
Thanks given by:
Welcome along. Very tidy paint. Nice looking car.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along very tidy car

Slap a Derv in it Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie here. Pics of old XUD and new HDI Joe306 9 1,612 26-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  NEWBIE car pics woody 24 6,255 23-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo