Hello from wales

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from wales
hi all

New 306 owner from wales, not new to the peugeot scene (owned various 106 gti's, a 306 gti and now a d turbo) but i thought signing up on here would be the best bet for tips and advice, as I have no idea of my way round a d turbo engine :?: haha

Smile
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear you've come over to the better fuel type Smile

Put a few pics up and I'm sure we will be able to give you some advice, normally some pretty easy mod's to make them a fair bit quicker/more driveable.

Welcome to the forum.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Welcome along!
A few tweaks and some sly mods and it won't be far off gti power :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, there's plenty of info on here about xuds, etc.

Get some pics up, and enjoy your stay! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hi! Well its actually my brothers car, but im insured on it and always fancied one to try in the past. And the fact hes crap with maintenance and whenever anything goes wrong/falls off, im the one that ends up fixing it.

You may have seen it on ebay this past week, a black ph2 with white 206 gti180 alloys, lowered to the floor with a bosch pump/boost tune up? I think its turned up too much on the pump as it smokes (and i mean billows) black stuff just before boost, and found a couple of problems with it already, bit will post them in the suitable areas Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! As said, get some pics up Wink You'll find plenty of help on here on how to work on them and also tune them!
Thanks given by:
bufter Wrote:it smokes (and i mean billows) black stuff just before boost, and found a couple of problems with it alr

Normally can be fixed by adjusting the LDA pin (Dan! one here may be able to grind you a custom one if you ask nicely Smile ).

On top of the Bosch pump there is a 13mm locknut securing a torx screw. If you undo this and unwind the screw so it's just hanging on by a thread, do the locknut back up, that should get rid of your off boost smoke.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
sorting out a pic now...cheers for that toby! I'll have a dig under the bonnet tomorrow evening. Seems to go well enough on boost, just flat off boost...I suppose thats how a d turb works though?

edit - photo is up. So far i've put the numberplate back in the middle, screwed the front suspension up 20mm, going to scrap the splitter for something more subtle, raise the rear torsion bars, maybe fit some cyclones, standard headlights and just enjoy i think Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Hello welcome to the peugeot 306 car forum. :dance:
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate Smile
Thanks given by:
I actually quite like it looking like that
And as for the boost. That's how most older turbo'd cars go lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
welcome along! dude, really like the car, looks really good!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
welcome along matey.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

I've got some Ph2 headlights for sale whistle
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
welcome fella,where bout you from? im in bridgend.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Donator - Im not far away from Builth wells, sort of in between there and Brecon. Up in the hills!

Kimmie - thanks for the offer, been on the phone to the localish scrappies and they've got headlights i can have for £10 per side, cant fault that really.
Thanks given by:
welcome! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Welcome dude, might see this about as I live in Merthyr and work in Brecon Big Grin
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fair enough lol I was being cheeky! Same price as mine though.... Tongue
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
bufter Wrote:Donator - Im not far away from Builth wells, sort of in between there and Brecon. Up in the hills!

Confusedhhh: his name is BEN and it says DONATOR as he chucks money into the clubs pot Big Grin

Welcome along anyway!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
bufter Wrote:Donator - Im not far away from Builth wells, sort of in between there and Brecon. Up in the hills!

Confusedhhh: his name is BEN and it says DONATOR as he chucks money into the clubs pot Big Grin

Welcome along anyway!

hahah glad it wasnt just me lol lol
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie from North Wales Dionbee93 10 2,366 26-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Newbie from West Wales madwelshman 32 9,155 26-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Last Post: madwelshman
  newbie hello from sw wales blinkyeatu 9 3,550 26-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Last Post: blinkyeatu