JVC Double-Din DVD/iPod Headunit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JVC Double-Din DVD/iPod Headunit
Copy/pasted from Celica Club... (This won't fit straight in a 306 without modifying your dashboard...a lot.

After removing this from my Celica with the intention of fitting it into my family car and since discovering that it wonâ??t fit I have decided to sell it onâ?¦

The unit is a JVC AVX640 DVD/iPod headunit with touchscreen and reverse camera input. The full description can be found here â??

[url="http://support.jvc.com/consumer/product.jsp?archive=true&pathId=133&modelId=MODL028787"]http://support.jvc.c...elId=MODL028787[/url]

The sale includes-
JVC AVX640 Headunit (in original box, with leads, manual, cage [cage not required if going in a Celica]) - £200
KSU-30 iPod cable to enable full-speed integration - £30
Toyota ISO interface wiring - £4
Reversing Camera and cables - £15

Iâ??m asking for £215 ONO for the lot (delivered ParcelForce), or a part-exchange for a single-Din Pioneer / Alpine HU.

This unit was absolutely faultless and I spent a long time searching for something suitable when I upgraded my Celica. However since buying my new family car (a Ford Focus) what first appeared to be a 2-Din slot in the dashboard actually turns out to be a 1.8-Din. Quite how they ever thought that was a good idea Iâ??ll never know!

This unit can play DVDs on its full-colour screen, the unit does have a feature however that means there is a wire that needs to be connected to the handbrake so the video playback wonâ??t work whilst youâ??re in motion. There is a work-around however, which involves simply earthing this wire! This confuses the headunit and it thinks the handbrake is on.

The iPod function is sweet, very quick and displays the album art on-screen. You can scroll albums/playlists/artists just as you would on an iPod/iPhone. It also works well with a USB stick if you prefer, if anything this is even faster.

The coolest feature is the reverse camera input. Itâ??s so easy to wire up and once done, the headunit senses when the car is put into reverse and displays the camera image full-screen to assist with parking. Itâ??s pretty smart, and especially handy if you have a Gen7 with a rear spoiler blocking your view out the backâ?¦

Below are some pictures of my Gen7 install

[Image: NewRadio.jpg]
[Image: KGrHqYOKpME3tfpzupFBOHc2OljDw_3.jpg]

Bumper Camera â??
[Image: 88c483b9.jpg]
[Image: 437571e2.jpg]
[Image: 5b01fa8c.jpg]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Just to let you know car my uncle bought a aftermarket double din for his focus and they do fit but you have to cut your dash a little bit first. But you don't notice it. If I can tomorrow I'll get a pic of it for you.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hi mate,

This is what I did at the weekend -

[Image: 8eaf64ab.jpg]

Ta-da!

But I wasn't happy that the unit isn't secured and if I cut any more dashboard away I can't return the car to standard again. I also want (have already found) a headunit which has built-in Bluetooth too. You can add it to this double-din, but like I say I've found a single-din Alpine that I really fancy....
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Ok mate fair enough. It looks good though! Couldn't you just get a back up centre console from scrappy?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately that grey bit you see at the bottom of the stereo which needs to come off, plus a bit at the sides which needs shaving, is part of the dashboard. So I'd need to replace the whole dash to return it to standard!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Centre vent gauge mounts, single and double plus angled driver's side pods gareth7 60 21,226 22-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Last Post: DazzaHDI
  Pioneer DEH-3400UB USB/iPod Control CD Player silestanix 1 1,254 19-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Last Post: silestanix
  Sony Stereo + Ipod Interface C2K 1 833 18-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Last Post: C2K