pressure washer/snow foam shopping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pressure washer/snow foam shopping
So I'm looking for a decent pressure washer and snow foam set up got about £100-150 max but must include everything I need to get started.

Wondering if you guys have any recommendations or no of any cheap deals going??

Thanks in advance Smile

Thanks given by:
Karcher pressure washer all day long

Bloke on detailing forum sells the snow foam lance for around £40
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
£150 will easily get you a decent buy from place I recommended Chris
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I use a Karcher pressure washer, PA snow foam lance with 1 litre bottle, and Auto Finesse Show Foam from a 5 litre can. I mix one shot of Auo Finesse Lather into it too to thicken it up.

[Image: IMAG1772.jpg]

Honestly, the neighbours look at you as if to say WTF are you doing?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Don't buy Karcher, the internals are plastic & go brittle.

Go for a Nilfisk, Detailingworld you can get a lance for £29, snowfoam I use Rae Chem £13 on eBay

Here's all the above in action

http://youtu.be/3RP4zk9g7yE

(22-04-2014, 08:15 PM)C2K Wrote: I use a Karcher pressure washer, PA snow foam lance with 1 litre bottle, and Auto Finesse Show Foam from a 5 litre can. I mix one shot of Auo Finesse Lather into it too to thicken it up.

[Image: IMAG1772.jpg]

Honestly, the neighbours look at you as if to say WTF are you doing?

Just out of interest how long had it been on the car in that pic? I do use a fairly high ratio though so mines thicker.
Thanks given by:
Had been on the car about 5 minutes but the dwell also depends on the last stage protection you have used previously. Mine had paint sealant on from the dealers as the car was only a week old. I use the recommended mix on the avalanche bottle, but you can vary the thickness with the PA lance as its all about the air. Some of the cheap ones go on thick, but you go through an horrific amount of product in a short space of time!

I've used Karchers for 15 years and never had a problem with the internals. Metal isn't necessarily 'better' than plastic if you design it properly for the job! They don't like being left with water in freezing conditions though which is why half the people break them.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
DO NOT BUY KARCRAPCHER!!!

My employers have gone through one every couple of years, every time the warranty just runs out.

Just got them a Nilfisk.....excellent piece of kit, like £80 new, its smaller, but more powerful due to simply being designed better, including metal internals rather than Karchers plastic internals.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-X-Tra-Pr...ds=nilfisk

Seriously good, I was proper impressed, it happily took some paint off round my arch to my amazement!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've got one similar to above, think it's the next one up. Mines got the reel for the hose to wind it in & also a patio cleaner attachment.

I'd never use anything else now!
Thanks given by:
I inherited an unused (but 3 years old at least) Karcher. Had been using a small unbranded one beforehand....and what a difference! In fact I've been cleaning Nans patio with it this evening, 30 years of filth blasted away with ease and still going fine after 2 hours of solid abuse (though the patio cleaner attachment wasn't up to the job so needed the jet end).

I'm yet to try snow foam though, so cant comment on that...
Thanks given by:
Agreed with JJ and Piggy. Karcher is utter crap tbh unless your spending a fortune. Ive got a Nilfisk and for a cheap one, its a fantastic bit of kit. Our old Karcher died in less than a year.

My lance i got from The Ultimate Finish. Was £40 which is quite pricy but its a proper brass head on it and should last for ever.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'm sorted now thanks to jenks getting a nilfisk one with lance and 5 liters of snow foam for £133 or there abouts just gotta go pick it up Smile

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Members scrappy shopping list! Redordead89 9 2,127 06-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Broadband shopping about lolsteve 13 2,110 08-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Last Post: toseland
  How to drive in the snow Iceman299 16 3,947 22-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz