Another dead 306 :doh:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another dead 306 :doh:
Star 
Why is it when you have a car running nicely someone goes and writes it off?

People carrier driver not looking where they were going, foot still on the gas when she ploughed into us as we went down a main road, her coming out of a minor road. Both main airbags deployed, we were sent spinning down the road as the road was damp which I think helped dissipate some of the energy and lessen the damage.

[Image: P1060455Medium.jpg]

[Image: P1060453Medium.jpg]

I think the pug did well but the photos don't show the extent of how much the chassis is bent. The B pillar is now right up against the driver seat and the dash was squeezed so much the centre console popped off, I remember it happening in slow motion during the crash.

Annoying thing was the car had only been back on the road for 6 months after being laid up for 3 years and was running absolutely perfect. When I got it back on the road it reminded me why I love 306s Sad
Thanks given by:
A 306 where the airbags worked! Wow ha..

Yeah that b pillar has moved a fair bit you can see that - gutted looked quite clean tbh.
Thanks given by:
yeah we joked about the airbags. Although everyone need to fix their under seat wiring now as it's now a fail point on the MOT.

Only thing on the car that wasn't working was the aircon which I removed as there was no way it was ever going to work. I had wire brushed and repainted and undersealed the whole bottom of the car before getting it back on the road Sad

Got £800 for the car from the insurance which isn't bad really as it was a previous cat C due to dents on the roof. Bought it from a salvage auction without seeing it in the flesh and it came with all 3 keys and full service history. OH loved that car and the Land Rover we got to replace it broke down after 4 days!
Thanks given by:
Just glad you are ok mate!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Glad your ok, good that the insurance offered you a decent amount
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
what a pain in the arse!
Thanks given by:
Hope you and Kate are ok mate?

That's a stinker, still got the ph1?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by: