help with fans

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with fans
hi all my fans on my car dont work and ive finally decided to get some new ones however i went to Peugeot today and asked the price to find out they were over £200 and that was with 15% discount Doh anyone know where i can get some from abit cheaper than that please
Thanks given by:
On here
Ebay
Scrapyard
?

And which fans?...are you sure its the fans, not a fuse or relay or sensor?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yea the motors have gone they were on constantly when i got the car
Thanks given by:
Scrappy...fiver surely?

Or put up a wanted...I think I got some even...may have thrown them out to be honest!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Can't cost much from a scrapyard. I've never been able to sell fans when breaking cars, they just end up scrapped usually!
Thanks given by:
ill have to see if i can find a scrapyard around here
Thanks given by:
Autobreak in Colchester was pretty good, only one left that lets you walk around and get your own parts!

Or Whip St Motors near Claydon, but they don't let you walk around and charge quite a bit.
Thanks given by:
ive been told whip street motors are ment to be good yea ill try that autobreak cheers
Thanks given by:
I find whip st are just rip off merchants tbh lol....charge a lot for parts, pay out little for scrap! But I must admit they've always had what I needed at short notice.
Thanks given by:
I have some fans here, been sat outside for a while and i cant remember how short i cut the wires. But they're yours for cheap, just the postage will get you!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
theres a guy down the road with a 306 stripped so going to see what he has later Smile if not ill give you a shout tom thanks
Thanks given by:
im off to the scrapyard soon and wondering which fans will fit as he says he dosenty have a 2001 model in ? any help is much appreciated thanks
Thanks given by:
Any set of double fans from a 306 will fit.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
thankas
Thanks given by:
anyone know how to unplug them they look like theres a specific way to disconnect the wires?
Thanks given by:
Twist and pull
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Unscrew the lock ring and pull. Can be a right PITA to do. Check the pins for corrosion and clean up if needed.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
done all that however on the new one there are not the same amount of pins as the original im getting rather annoyed with it
Thanks given by:
eventually got it all wired in but still nothing temp goes past 100 and dosent kick in removed the brown plug and still nothing :/
Thanks given by:
Ah if you have removed the brown plug and your getting nothing then it needs a new fan controller which is fixed behind the bumper underneath the passengers headlight. Can pick them up for about £15 delivered. Im assuming you have checked all your fuses?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
yea have checked all of the fuses going to double check it all tomorrow will have look to see if i can find that fan controller don't know what the guy did before i owned it but there are wires everywhere its a right bloody mess

do you mean the temp sensor?
Thanks given by: