Battery terminal adapters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery terminal adapters
I've been given a battery for the car, but unfortunately it was dark and I was tired when i picked it up, so didn't notice the terminals are wrong:

[attachment=12177]

Im not sure what the nuts/bolts are all about, but can I get adapters for battery terminals so I can use this one? Or is it gonna be a better idea to just find another battery with the correct terminals?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Or just take them off and use your terminals?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I don't see how I could take them off tbh...
Thanks given by:
yup, they wont come off, some batteries will have a bit that fits over that, but really I would just get another direct fit battery.
Thanks given by:
Why wont they come off? Normally i'd say heat em up but thats a battery so lets not try that!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
That terminal aint part of the battery though...someones slammed that on
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
that bit pictured certainly is part of the battery, not removable.
Thanks given by:
As far as I can see, they ARE part of the battery, a little Google research tells me it's an old Ford fitment. Although there do seem to be adapters available, none seem to do this fitment to the standard UK pole terminal, at least not that I can see. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
In all honesty, i wouldn't use and adaptors. Always bad news. i know you don't want to hear it but i would look at getting a proper battery. I know Grant still has the one out of the car we broke so he may well give that to you seeing as he has offloaded all his other stuff on you lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That's fair Niall, tbh I wasn't overly keen on the idea of adapters, but as the battery was free, I thought I'd at least try to use it. I might just try and eke out the life of my old battery till I make it to grants in Jan then.
Thanks given by:
Ill drop him a text when he's home tomorrow and see what goes on with it. If so, ill stick it on trickle charge.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
ThumbsUp

Nice one mate, he did mention that battery to me recently, but this one came up locally and free, and with 515cca, so I picked it up. Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screw on Battery Terminal Eeyore 13 1,802 17-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Flat battery/ can't open at to charge battery Aaron _d95 18 7,976 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: C2K
  light weight battery terminal options Jimmyboycheck 1 1,076 17-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191