should i fit decat and stainless and lose my induction noise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should i fit decat and stainless and lose my induction noise
A exhaust and decat have come to my attention. I am very tempted as the car is running cat and standard system at the moment and is mapped for the above. So would gain back a few horses. But I love the induction roar with cams and induction. For anyone that has ever heard it you know what I mean...

I've done it before when I fitted a exhaust and lost my induction noise Sad

opinions

Thanks given by:
You can do both!

When you get bored of the noise from one end remove the exhaust!
Thanks given by:
You can buy custom exhaust system which can be nice sound. There not all loud but people on here who have got one can tell you the make.
Thanks given by:
if you do track days or are thinking of
be carfull of the db readings as some circuits have tight limits

my single boxed longlife is loud measured 95db on a private meter but passed at 88db at combe
Thanks given by:
Got a lovely magnex manifold back here thats looking for a home...
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2013, 08:04 PM)cully Wrote: if you do track days or are thinking of
be carfull of the db readings as some circuits have tight limits

my single boxed longlife is loud measured 95db on a private meter but passed at 88db at combe

Its a 2.25 ripspeed cat back. Do you think it will be dicey.

With cat and standard system it came out at 88db

Thanks given by:
IMO do it.. decat just makes it so much more win.. with the popping and the banging <3
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I love the sound of the power flow straight threw centre silencer as a back box Tongue Got one on my with a 3inch role tip that had been welded on looks and sounds a treat Big Grin
Thanks given by:
also remember romoving the cat it wont pass MOT
but there are ways around it

so dont sell your cat on hoping to make a pound without thinking how your going to pass mot

same exhaust systems will sound different on your six cause its blown so bottom line is you might have to try to see if you like

can be an expensive mistake Wink
Thanks given by:
IMO you don't lose anything, you just gain more awesome noise. With a cone the induction noise on a GTi is always going to be loud, but with the pops and bangs it's even better. I loved mine with the decat and Mongoose.
Thanks given by:
Jimmy do it! Honestly in my rallye it sounded awesome
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
After going the stainless route and now being back on a standard exhaust I would say stay as you are or get the absolute quietest stainless/decat system you can find. IMO induction roar is better than most exhaust noise on these cars plus you can drive on the motorway and talk to your passengers at the same time.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S16 induction S16 4 1,684 27-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Last Post: RetroPug