Lack of power. Like really sloooow.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of power. Like really sloooow.
Hi guys, My uncle has a 307 estate 2.0hdi not sure if its 90 or 110bhp. Now i havent drove it, but he says theres a huge lack of power, but the catch is its only occasionally. Some times its absolutely fine and drives as it should. But other times he says its dead slow, like 3rd gear foot flat cant over take a lorry slow. So im going to have a look over the weekend and see what i can make of it just wanted some advice before i go into it.
Im thinking perhaps an issue with the maf? Or some other sensor or some dodgy wiring somewhere? Thanks everyone Heart
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
TPS or MAF is my guess...
Thanks given by:
Oh shit yeah completely forgot they have a TPS, thats on the pedal yes?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Umm, I don't know on a 307. On the 306 HDi it still has a cable and is mounted on the airbox for no apparent reason lol.

The other thing is, is it actually slow as in revs restricted, or is it the clutch slipping lol?
Thanks given by:
If it's the 110 it's boost control is done by the ECU via a vacuum solenoid, another possible cause of it being slow.

Second thoughts, didn't the 307's have massive problems with DPF's getting blocked and causing mega poor performance?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good point, the DPF should bring up a fault light though. Are there any lights on Tom? And do you have any diagnostic equipment to plug in and test?
Thanks given by:
It will be in limp mode, many different things can cause it so no point guessing like it will be maf, it will be blocked dpf, turbo control solenoid, wiring etc etc, diagnostics is needed or you will waste a lot of time trying to sort it out.

Is the eml lit?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Either vac leak on the line between the turbo solenoid causing it to overboost then cut the power or poss DMF issues.
Thanks given by:
90s have boost solenoid on front of engine as well.

Just unplug it and remove it, job jobbed.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Iirc 90s arent ecu controlled boost? I had boost issues caused by wiring to the boost solenoid
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
RD, power loss doesn't always mean limp mode. And things like MAF reading incorrectly, EGR stuck open, vac leaks etc don't always cause an EML....
Thanks given by:
I had several 90bhp 307's with boost solenoids on the front of the engine.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not limp mode it will rev right round just take an absolute age to do so. Almost like a blocked cat but it only does it here and there. Sometimes its completely fine so it cant be something mechanical like thag as such. Good shout on the boost solenoid i will have to take a few pics and see whats going on.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lack of power... Turbo problem maybe? Moh 10 2,045 23-09-2015, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  306 hdi lack power Dougieboy1 5 1,338 28-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Dougieboy1