Thermostat - GTI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermostat - GTI
Right came across a slight issue today when changing the stat in that the new one wouldnt seal correctly

May just be because it was a pattern and not a pug one but we tried the seal that came with it on either side of the stat and it didnt seal either time.

In the end had to use the old stat's seal with some sealant around the edge of it which seems to be alright

Is It a common thing for them to not seal?
Thanks given by:
When I bought a new stat I had to buy the seal separate. The stat came with a rounded O ring IIRC but you can buy the square one which fits round the edge perfectly (no need to use the one that came with it).
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
I bought one from Peugeot and used the seal that came with that and had no issues. For the price of it I was happy paying for something I knew was 100% rather than a pattern part, I'm glad I did now! Undecided
Thanks given by:
You need one of these badboys

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...cf2&000574
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Ah we were just using the o ring didn't have the square seal, that's what we pinched off of the old stat which worked in the end
Thanks given by:
Does the thermostat housing have stupidly long threaded bolts which are awkwardish to get at and consequently get undone 1/4 turn at a time taking fecking ages?
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2013, 07:28 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: Does the thermostat housing have stupidly long threaded bolts which are awkwardish to get at and consequently get undone 1/4 turn at a time taking fecking ages?

Yes has 2 bolts 1 you can get to easy and the other is a pain and it has 1 nut which was easy to get to
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mocal Thermostat Pingaz 1 2,798 22-06-2022, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Stef205
  Thermostat screw Dangti6 4 1,354 13-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Dangti6