306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Ell Diablo - Hydraulic Clutch In - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Ell Diablo - Hydraulic Clutch In (/showthread.php?tid=9159)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Ell Diablo - cwspellowe - 19-06-2013

Track rod ends?

...if so, I hope you're drilling the hubs or getting conical spacers made?

RE: Ell Diablo - Grant - 19-06-2013

Droplinks.

Why would I be needing conical spacers if they were track rod ends?

Because the fitting on the hub is tapered, look at the shape of a track rod end where it goes through the hub. So you'd either need to drill the hubs out to a bigger size to accept a bolt all the way through, or get a conical spacer to fit the hub as it is. You'd also need to try and find a rose joint with a longer threaded part to meet the track rod, or get a female threaded joint with some threaded bar and a couple of locknuts.

I've got ya.

Yeah they are M12, so when i do inevitably rose joint my TRE's ill bear that in mind, cheers Smile Should be able to just drill them out fine.

It's the reason I never did a group buy on TRE's. I just don't think people would be willing to drill their hubs to fit them, and I couldn't get spacers machined cheap enough..

Well it is a female threaded joint, and i have bar and locknuts so all sorted there. With regards to drilling the hole I cannot see it being a problem, use a pillar drill to be safe and bobs your uncle. No big issue Smile

(19-06-2013, 11:36 AM)Grant Wrote: Well it is a female threaded joint, and i have bar and locknuts so all sorted there. With regards to drilling the hole I cannot see it being a problem, use a pillar drill to be safe and bobs your uncle. No big issue Smile

Mmhmm, no issues, but could you see 10+ people wanting to drill their hubs?

If they're not all a big bunch of pussies then yeah Smile

Personally, i'd be up for it. I wouldn't even use a pillar drill, i'd just get one of those Lidl drills Puggy loves and a couple of cheap drill bits.

You are forgetting the Aldi socket set. No work will commence without quality made German tools!

Well when i get round to ordering my TRE's ill drop you a line and save on postage. Ill bring them to FCS if you are interested?

(19-06-2013, 11:43 AM)Grant Wrote: You are forgetting the Aldi socket set. No work will commence without quality made German tools!

Well when i get round to ordering my TRE's ill drop you a line and save on postage. Ill bring them to FCS if you are interested?

On my wages? lol nah, i meant I have no issues drilling stuff. Once upon a time I would have taken them off your hands but they're an unnecessary luxury I can't afford at the moment

RE: Ell Diablo - Grant - 04-07-2013

So a little update.

Funds are a little tight on this at the moment so rather than spending lots of money on new shineys, I've been preparing the ones I do have for fitting:

Lower brace all repainted ready for fitting Smile
[Image: IMG_2971_zps3ae58782.jpg]

Rose Jointed drop links Big Grin
[Image: IMG_2970_zps7bedc69f.jpg]

Got a couple of the gays coming over this weekend, going to do the clutch and cam belt. Got to fit the solid lower engine mount, and nissens radiator.

RE: Ell Diablo - puglove - 05-07-2013

mmm shineys

arr you actuallt driving this now?

RE: Ell Diablo - Dum-Dum - 05-07-2013

Defo mmm shinys

RE: Ell Diablo - Grant - 05-07-2013

Yeah, been driving it since January lol. Not that it's too pleasurable, lots of knocks and bangs irritating me Sad

RE: Ell Diablo - puglove - 05-07-2013

(05-07-2013, 05:27 PM)Grant Wrote: Yeah, been driving it since January lol. Not that it's too pleasurable, lots of knocks and bangs irritating me Sad

UHH well yeah it is a Peugeot who do you expect? lol

RE: Ell Diablo - Grant - 05-07-2013

Spontaneous Combustion?

RE: Ell Diablo - Grant - 08-07-2013

So a rather productive, if not odd weekend. Had a few of the guys over to lend a hand/for general BBQ related activities.

Not many pictures taken as was too busy working on the car/eating bbqs/ general shenanigans.

Rose jointed droplinks made up. Just need rubber boots for them before fitting
[Image: IMG_2970_zpsb8e84081.jpg]

Engine half apart, clutch being changed...
[Image: IMG_2992_zpsf4f513e9.jpg]

Two gays having a. Footbath?!
[Image: DSC_0015_zps7f4f3b0f.jpg]

Also got the billet aluminium lower engine mount fitted. It is nowhere near as 'vibratey' as I was expecting. It has really sharpened up the throttle response, and the only time you really notice its harshness is hen cranking the engine to start. Quite pleased to be honest.

Also relocated the washer bottle to the boot. Becauseracecar

Thanks to everyone who lent a hand, and to those who came for the pure lols. Was an epic weekend.

RE: Ell Diablo - Niall - 08-07-2013

Would just like to state that my crotch is soaking wet because poodle decided it would be nice to poor a pint of water over my cock. Hes lucky hes a cripple otherwise i would of pressure washed under his eye lids!

RE: Ell Diablo - Grant - 08-07-2013

(08-07-2013, 09:15 PM)Niall Wrote: Would just like to state that my crotch is soaking wet because I have a lack of bladder control, purely because of a freak lemon squeezing accident on an onion farm in france.

Well you learn something every day!

RE: Ell Diablo - Poodle - 09-07-2013

Pmsl grant, amazing! Niall you were dripping the moment I took my top off, you blatantly knocked my glass as I walked past to cover the inevitable climax as I got too close for you to bear.

RE: Ell Diablo - Grant - 09-07-2013

^^In fairness that does sound like a more likely scenario!

RE: Ell Diablo - Niall - 09-07-2013

I asked you not to tell people!

RE: Ell Diablo - Dum-Dum - 09-07-2013

Grunt your car needs a GTi6 inlet manifold! I has one for sale ready to go on an XSi, I do you special price Wink

RE: Ell Diablo - Matt - 09-07-2013

finished yet?

RE: Ell Diablo - Poodle - 09-07-2013

You think i need to tell people? It's not as if you're subtle about it, you were staring at my chest for nearly ten minutes straight at one point.

I've already tried a '6 manifold on this Chris. It didnt like it, despite me swapping all the sensors from the original manifold and vice-versa. This coupled with the fact it goes fine on another car, makes me think the management cant handle one Sad

RE: Ell Diablo - Niall - 09-07-2013

(09-07-2013, 09:43 PM)Grant Wrote: I've already tried a '6 manifold on this Chris. It didnt like it, despite me swapping all the sensors from the original manifold and vice-versa. This coupled with the fact it goes fine on another car, makes me think the management cant handle one Sad

Goes fine after a massive air leak. There are a few xsis out there happily running this manifold and considering Dan had to clean old gasket off that manifold....

RE: Ell Diablo - Dum-Dum - 09-07-2013

Ive got a known working ECU that you can have for a cuppa at ace if or free if you buy the manifold off me

A known ECU for a '6 inlet manifold?

WHY do you tell me this after I sell my manifold?!