306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum
Ell Diablo - Hydraulic Clutch In - Printable Version

+- 306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Photos and Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: 306 Projects (https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Ell Diablo - Hydraulic Clutch In (/showthread.php?tid=9159)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Grant - 28-10-2013

I tried to sell you an oil cooler?! When was that?

Ohhh, I remember, that was one I paid considerably more for, in fairness a bit tidier, but couldn't justify financially at the time. This was a billy bargain Smile

So after having spent most my waking life on the 205 forum the last two weeks, all I can say is WOW!

Some of the projects over there are amazing!

On the plus side, there is a chap doing a front engined, rear wheel drive, 205, space framed. I've shamelessly stolen his pictures from AutoCAD, as its exactly the kind of setup I had in mind.

[Image: ChassisAssembly2_zpsd6bce01b.png]

[Image: ChassisAssembly1_zps848c953b.png]

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - C.A.R. - 28-10-2013

Only just caught up with reading through this...

IMO the idea of a mid-engined V8 powered 306 is better left to the imagination than to reality. Put simply, there will be little remaining of the original 306 to make it a viable project, it would be quicker to fit the panels over a V8 spaceframe chassis (ie. sillouette racer) and the results would be far more impressive.

The 306 Maxi retained FWD and that was a quick competition car. OK it wasn't the fastest, but it was pretty unstoppable on tarmac rallies. Instead of the V8 I would put serious consideration in building a decent FWD turbocharged 306. Even that will cost lots to get a good result from. The V8 thing just sounds a bit pie-in-the-sky at the moment, a bit Mad Max. The results are likely to be un-roadworthy and difficult to setup properly.

Consider other powertrains which could be made to fit. Budget is a key issue so something reliable and with lots of aftermarket support would be a good idea. I'm not an expert (but Ruan is) although I'd look at a Honda lump or the Nissan SR20. Hell, even a Billy-Basic MX5 engine can be turbocharged and run in the region of Astra VXR power for peanuts.

With the original weight-distribution and a rebuilt rear beam with decent setup up-front I think it would make a much more rewarding package than anything V8 powered on the same budget. Just make it very light and the thing will fly with 230-260hp.

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Grant - 29-10-2013

(28-10-2013, 03:05 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Only just caught up with reading through this...

IMO the idea of a mid-engined V8 powered 306 is better left to the imagination than to reality. Put simply, there will be little remaining of the original 306 to make it a viable project, it would be quicker to fit the panels over a V8 spaceframe chassis (ie. sillouette racer) and the results would be far more impressive.

The 306 Maxi retained FWD and that was a quick competition car. OK it wasn't the fastest, but it was pretty unstoppable on tarmac rallies. Instead of the V8 I would put serious consideration in building a decent FWD turbocharged 306. Even that will cost lots to get a good result from. The V8 thing just sounds a bit pie-in-the-sky at the moment, a bit Mad Max. The results are likely to be un-roadworthy and difficult to setup properly.

Consider other powertrains which could be made to fit. Budget is a key issue so something reliable and with lots of aftermarket support would be a good idea. I'm not an expert (but Ruan is) although I'd look at a Honda lump or the Nissan SR20. Hell, even a Billy-Basic MX5 engine can be turbocharged and run in the region of Astra VXR power for peanuts.

With the original weight-distribution and a rebuilt rear beam with decent setup up-front I think it would make a much more rewarding package than anything V8 powered on the same budget. Just make it very light and the thing will fly with 230-260hp.

All fair points

-I'm not fussed about how much of the 306 chassis remains, as long as it still looks like a 306 at the end of the process (hopefully straight too haha). Space-framing is the most common way to do things like this, albeit, rare within the 306 culture. There are a few who have done it, but with big blower Mitsubishi engines or similar. As long as it can remain road legal and insurable then it's not a huge concern Smile

-I do not doubt for one minute I could take the same money, throw that a charger and that at the car and see bigger power figures. The thing is, everyone does it. Well not everyone, but its becoming common as muck. How many front engine RWD V8 306's have you seen? I'm not after huge power, I don't want to go drifting. I want to do something unique. I enjoy working on my car, and feel at a loss when I'm not, so this should keep me out of trouble for a while...And out of positive equity haha

-With a proper geometry setup and some good research, and everything well set-out, I have no doubt the handling will not be compromised, if not improved. Just because I will be losing the rear beam, doesn't automatically mean it will handle like a sack of poop Wink

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Piggy - 29-10-2013

go space framed on a 205 and keeping it front engined seems bit mad to me.
If going that expense, mid engine 4wd would be on the books/plans for me

Yeah, good idea. It would be a tight fit getting an engine, and a box behind the seats, before the rear wheels however! I think you would need a substantially longer wheel-base

yet amazing how they did do it!!?

short trans axle box as already pointed out by Ruan does the trick.
or mounting it sideways.

Hang on, I've missed something here. Who's done this?

do you not know of the great and insane 206 T16 4wd!??

Ah, that's a 206... Meh.... lol

Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - devils_fuel - 31-10-2013

http://www.rallycrosscars.com/rallycross-cars-division-1/peugeot-206-t16-4x4-2289.html

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Tallguy_2 - 01-11-2013

Mate, buy an old NHR space frame rolling chassis and body, hardest part done then!

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Piggy - 01-11-2013

(29-10-2013, 09:07 AM)Grant Wrote: Ah, that's a 206... Meh.... lol

sorry mistype

I meant 205 T16 4wd

One of the most epic rally cars!

here ya go

[Image: peugeot_205-t16-1984_r8.jpg]

and heres the layout

[Image: peugeot-205-turbo-16.jpg]

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Pompey306mark - 01-11-2013

Looking like a fun project.

Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Jonny b - 01-11-2013

(01-11-2013, 07:07 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(29-10-2013, 09:07 AM)Grant Wrote: Ah, that's a 206... Meh.... lol

sorry mistype

I meant 205 T16 4wd

One of the most epic rally cars!

here ya go

[Image: peugeot_205-t16-1984_r8.jpg]

and heres the layout

[Image: peugeot-205-turbo-16.jpg]

Only thing ιs the only drivetrain close to that from pug ιs the mi16 4x4 ɑnd they are made of cheese! You'll never find a proper t16 4wd drivetrain!! Unless you have big moneys

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Grant - 04-11-2013

So a little update, nothing exciting or V8 related.

Painted the spoiler with some bumper plastic paint. The plastic really is f*cked, it has such a harsh 'corrosion' on it, even after an attacking with some P60 it looks rough. Still, a bit better than faded black...

[Image: DSC_0036_zps8cb6ab1d.jpg]

And fitted the rear spacers and arches

[Image: DSC_0037_zps1c5ef65d.jpg]

Plans for the near future are to fit the cam belt kit and water pump, and MOT is due beginning of december Sad Nervous times

Oh and might black mask the headlights soon

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Rippthrough - 04-11-2013

(01-11-2013, 10:40 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Only thing ιs the only drivetrain close to that from pug ιs the mi16 4x4 ɑnd they are made of cheese! You'll never find a proper t16 4wd drivetrain!! Unless you have big moneys
The fourbie road car drivetrain is nothing like that one.

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Grant - 04-11-2013

They're like rocking horse shit. Spoox are selling a gearbox, but thats about all I could find after trawling the internet

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - londondan86 - 05-11-2013

Liking the plans matey. Proper unique project

This springs to mind:

[Image: peugeot_306_4x4____by_fulgurer-d3edf0l.jpg]

and this lol

[Image: 306Dangelprofil.jpg]

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Grant - 05-11-2013

Pahaha 306XC lol

So following the first picture, I need to aerocatch/latch every panel on my car and stick a gopro on the roof?

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - londondan86 - 05-11-2013

Basically yea!!! lol

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Dum-Dum - 05-11-2013

OMG is this kosher, even looks to be RHD, I want one!!!!

[Image: 306Dangelprofil.jpg]

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - puglove - 05-11-2013

uuuhhh hint hint

http://www.zcars.org.uk/kits.php

Forget the V8 Wink

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Grant - 17-11-2013

So some quite good progress today.

Managed to get the cam belt changed (with much ball ache), some anti-freeze in for the first time ever and got the rear elbow for the coolant changed for the GTi version (see pics).

All timed up
[Image: image_zpsd24024fc.jpg]

All purpled up before fitting
[Image: image_zps7d282326.jpg]

Tomorrow I need to make a spacer for the quick shift as it is fouling the exhaust (at the cat) due to it being adjusted too short lol, get some form of functioning washer jets as I am fed of of driving blind. Replace the vast array of blown bulbs in my rear clusters, remove my Airbag light that mocks me every time I drive anywhere and give the old girl a good clean!

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Paul Baldwin - 18-11-2013

Hi,
searched the forum and couldn't find a link to this so thought I'd post it as you may not have seen it. http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1088027

Maybe inspiration for you?! An awesome sight and sound I can tell you Smile

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Grant - 18-11-2013

Haha that is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to post up! Smile

Definitely a beast that car in the video you linked! Love it!

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Paul Baldwin - 19-11-2013

No probs Smile Can't quite believe there isn't a whole thread on here dedicated to that car and driver combo really! 11000 rpm's of na V6 epicness that's a joy to watch and listen too.
Not bad for a potato farmer and co in a big shed. Still hoping he will come up with something else as it appears to be banned Sad Most of the cars it competes with are just boring to watch imo.

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Grant - 10-12-2013

So not a lot to update really.

Stripped down and repainted my inlet manifold. Did do it candy purple, it looked wank so changed it to silver again haha. Still got a candy purple fuel rail though, so not all is lost.

[Image: image_zpsf2d32edd.jpg]

Need to get the TRE's changed and a hole in the front wheel arch welded up before the MOT Sad

The joys!

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Piggy - 10-12-2013

thats quite sweet in silver actually...

just need to keep it that clean...oh wait its not a xud...it'll be fine Smile lol

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Rippthrough - 11-12-2013

(19-11-2013, 04:12 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: No probs Smile Can't quite believe there isn't a whole thread on here dedicated to that car and driver combo really! 11000 rpm's of na V6 epicness that's a joy to watch and listen too.
Not bad for a potato farmer and co in a big shed. Still hoping he will come up with something else as it appears to be banned Sad Most of the cars it competes with are just boring to watch imo.

Go to youtube, stick in 'Rallyes TT' or 'Foucart'

You can thank me later.

RE: Ell Diablo - V8 Engine?? - Grant - 11-12-2013

All of the want!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIJgEc5csc