306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: uprated headbolts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey boys and girls

I'm very much considering getting some uprated headbolts / studs for my rebuild.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Are there any alternatives to ARP + shims?

Thanks taaa muchly
Suppose you could ask an engineering firm to go out and make some?
Or order them through DP Engineering.
And then find they're wrong?
Mine weren't at all. Just needed some new head spacers making up and they were only £25!

JP
Looks like I'm going to have to bend over either way then
f*cking ratchet strap that shit down!
But yes they will be expensive. I have been trying to find what cars may have similar size threads (m12x1.5??) But havn't had much luck
I ended up torquing my head bolts down again after the head started blowing into the coolant , which calmed it down a lot - but it went again after a couple of thousand miles. I don't fancy having to go through this again with a new engine build.

Ratchet strap coud be the answer though!

Does anyone know how getting a place to make you a set of headbolts compares with cost of a set of arp + shims (approx £300)?
My set was less than 200 with the correct spacers etc... No import taxes to arse round with or shipping from Denmark...

That's why the DP ones from ARP are silly money because by the time you've got them to your door, realised they're still wrong, had spacers machined etc, they're nigh on 400 quid...