306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Turbo/intercooler/exhaust set up choices decisions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As everyone knows it christmas... so i got a bit of money from various family members and like f*ck am i going to do something sensible and save it, i want to spend it on the car Big Grin Buuuuuuuut im having second thoughts on what to do, im currently using a K03 that squeals like shit at anything over 25psi, i have a td04 sat in my room waiting to go on but it needs say another 50quid spending to get it on (oil line, half decent exhaust elbow set up, getting it onto the manifold etc) I also have a rather big fmic sat in my room. But i did think why not get a T2 or the k14 and a smaller fmic and just enjoy that for a while, less chance of it shitting itself etc... Or do i drash on with the td04 without the fmic because i cant afford to sort them all at once ooooooor do i get a small fmic and carry on using the k03 Undecided (rather not)

Basically im not really sure which direction i should go in, looking for some advice from various people using what ever setups and some opinions on where others think i should be going with this.... If i was working full time i'd be buying a VNT but im not Sad
id get the fmic sorted first, otherwise theres not much point upgrading turbos if your still trying to cool the air through the useless top mount interwarmer.
T2/K14 wont be any better than a GT15, any extra flow you get is just cancelled out by the lag as there such old shitty turbos.

Deffo go for a td04 Smile id go for the td04 before worrying about a fmic.
Tmic on a td04 is fine tbh
Guess its time to get some exhaust bits then... Where can i get a bit of plate to make a flange out of for the elbow?
(25-12-2012, 10:06 PM)Dan! Wrote: [ -> ]Tmic on a td04 is fine tbh

What that man just said! Jakes been running a td04 on a tmic for over 6 months and he has no problem and I ran mine on it for about a month till I got bored and fitted my FMIC.
Whats it like on a top mount? The word heatsoak is in my head lol
(26-12-2012, 04:32 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Whats it like on a top mount? The word heatsoak is in my head lol

It's completely fine! You won't notice any different between the two tbh
Ull notice a huge different between a tmic and fmic with a td04, anyone who says you wont, isnt driving there car hard...that said, for "fun" sakes, the turbo is far more important than the fmic.
Yeah, you'll notice it heatsoak, but it'll still be SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than any K03, GT15, T2 or K14... When it IS cold, it'll be rediculous...
Yeah and a bag of ice in asda is only a quid Wink