306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Fuel Filter Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I cannot exaggerate how much of a difference changing the fuel filter makes. Today I changed my fuel filter just 600 miles old for a new one. Low down torque is restored, the steering is feather light and the brakes are more responsive than ever. The reason the steering and brakes are affected is because obviously the vacuum pump is driven off the camshaft and the power steering pump is driven via the aux belt pulley. I just thought I'd explain that because people do have a reputation for being dense on here most of the time!Undecided
I changed my fuel filter yesterday, granted car feels a bit faster but i dont have any of the other stuff lol
Have i just read that?? You think the fuel filter has affected steering and brakes?

Is this a wind up!?!?!

So the fuel filter affects the camshaft how??

And the fuel filter affects the aux belt how??

What fuckin planet are you on? Sorry to be harsh but thats just had me in fuckin stitches, cant believe that youve just wrote that i hope its a piss take lol
I can see what your getting at but if you really think about it, it doesn't affect brakes or steering in ANY way.
The op's fuel filter was clearly powered by the aux belt... jeeez guys come on keep up!
Come on guys, if the engine is struggling to idle then obviously it won't be turning the power steering pump as fast or the vacuum pump for that matter. Edit: That's the first thing I noticed after KrisB had changed my filter. I swear blind it gave me lighter steering and sharper brakes.
You must of been using some seriously shit fuel and an incredibly restrictive fuel filter for that to be a problem. Not to mention if you were struggling to idle the car must of been un driveable.

Edit: Like i say i changed mine because i was struggling after 3k granted it seems to of "loosened" up the revs for lack of a better word but thats the only difference. And obviously it'll rev past 3k again Smile
Yeah he said it was a shit design because it had a pastic surround on the side.
Face - Palm.........................
So has no one else noticed that the steering is lighter? Or that the brakes are sharper?
Your trolling right?
Nope, it definitely made the steering lighter. Think about it, if the engine is struggling to idle then it won't be able to drive the power steering pump at full speed, hence the steering will be heavier.
I give up........
Just admit it, you know I'm rightWink
Haha No, I actually think you've been put up to this otherwise your really dense lol
Trollololol Smile as said, fuel filter won't affect brakes/steering hense the name. Placebo effect maybe?
No need to start saying people on here are dense.
Did you change the raccoon filter as well? That can cause all manner of things to go wrong if it's blocked.
Rofl Popcorn
(02-12-2012, 02:04 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Did you change the raccoon filter as well? That can cause all manner of things to go wrong if it's blocked.

Is that another name for the heater matrix filter? Would it cause the heaters to blow cold air instead of hot air? If so it's worth having a look at, how do I get to it?
(02-12-2012, 05:19 PM)306Puggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2012, 02:04 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Did you change the raccoon filter as well? That can cause all manner of things to go wrong if it's blocked.

Is that another name for the heater matrix filter? Would it cause the heaters to blow cold air instead of hot air? If so it's worth having a look at, how do I get to it?

It's kind of like a second oil filter, it's at the base of the HP oil feed to the turbo, if it gets blocked it can restrict oil flow to the turbo. PM Niall, he has the part number for it I think. Only a few quid from pug, might as get a genuine one, worth changing if you haven't already.
Lol...
(02-12-2012, 05:24 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2012, 05:19 PM)306Puggy Wrote: [ -> ]

It's kind of like a second oil filter, it's at the base of the HP oil feed to the turbo, if it gets blocked it can restrict oil flow to the turbo. PM Niall, he has the part number for it I think. Only a few quid from pug, might as get a genuine one, worth changing if you haven't already.

Can't stress enough how important it is to catch this early. You really do risk complete engine failure if you don't keep on top of this. I think this was a significant contributing factor to Matt engine failure this weekend. He was under the incorrect illusion that Rallyes don't have them fitted as standard...
yeah to echo what everyone else says, cant stress the importance of this little, simple device. I change mine every 25k on my major service (cam belt, water pump, air pump and drive shaft torsion sensors)

[Image: ScreenShot2012-11-08at192709.jpg]
Quality mite check mine then as since changing steering rack my racoon filter must be starving the turbo hmmm
I changed my fuel filter today and my cock got bigger.

Think about it, if your fuel filter's clogged it takes you longer to get to the pussy, so your cock doesn't grow as big. True story.
(02-12-2012, 10:23 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]I changed my fuel filter today and my cock got bigger.

Think about it, if your fuel filter's clogged it takes you longer to get to the pussy, so your cock doesn't grow as big. True story.

are you on drugs?
extension of flynn
(02-12-2012, 10:31 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]extension of flynn

Its not just me who thinks it's blindingly obvious its him then lol
I never noticed! It could well be :p
Pages: 1 2