306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 406 XUD questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been looking around at getting a new lump for the new year and come across a decent 406, bosch pumped etc.

Question; the semi-ECU controlled advancing system on the fuel pumps; how can this be removed/overwritten?

and also, just to confirm, these blocks were the DHX lumps similarly to the modern Xantia XUD's? with the coated pistons etc?

Have i got this right?

much love x
Replace the pump with a normal Bosch.
I thought it was only the DHYs that had the coating on the pistons.
(30-11-2012, 03:10 PM)Ricky Wrote: [ -> ]Replace the pump with a normal Bosch.

I didn't know if it was easier to remove the semi-ECU system? than having to cam/time everything again

(30-11-2012, 03:11 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was only the DHYs that had the coating on the pistons.

hmm? I just assumed it was on the newer 406/Xantia's ? Mix of information from a seller and online bits..
afaik the dhx has coating too
(30-11-2012, 03:57 PM)Kwik Wrote: [ -> ]afaik the dhx has coating too

Ideal! Smile

Thanks for that info; as for the fuel pump advancing issue? anyway to overcome this?
Rip off new Bosch and replace with old style one.
Yeah the only way to do it is swap the pump. It's really easy to do it while the engine is out anyway.
i suppose; i could give it a go, not too difficult.
timing is the same I believe...still a pin in the pump wheel.

I have a bosch pump for sale Wink
pm me
To be honest if you're getting a new lump then it makes sense to change the belt etc anyway, I've just fitted a dhx myself and swapped the pump for a proper one.
(30-11-2012, 05:21 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]pm me

Done
Hmmmm tell me about these coated pistons? The only annoyance about the pump on mine is that it's armoured and I can't adjust the main fuel screw :/ Otherwise business as usual.
They are all "armoured" with anti touch me cover...good pair of pliers or grips and hey presto!!
Smile
iirc the semi ecu pump goes further then the non ecu pump
Spoke to Ruan about this and it's a pita to try and compute a semi ECU pump; easier to just put a normal Bosch on
yup....
I think I know someone who has one Wink