306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bosch Specific Spanner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone gotta link (ebay?) to a spanner suitable for removing that awkward front 13mm on the pump?

Really cant be assed cutting up a spanner would rather just pay.
banana or half moon spanner i believe they're called . .Smile
You can get stubby spanners aswell Smile
How is a banana going to undo them, come on matt no silly replys Rolleyes
(29-11-2012, 10:37 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: [ -> ]How is a banana going to undo them, come on matt no silly replys Rolleyes

doh . . i'm such a silly sausage . .seriously though a sausage spanner would do it just as well . . :p
Mmmmm! Laser tools! That'll undo the bolt once before it rounds off!!!

Bosch do do a specific one, but they're damned expensive from what I remember...
Looks fine to me, says it's chrome valadium so it must be pretty sturdy. Also says it is from the professional range as well.
Yes but Halfords do a professional range too, believe me they're far from professional...
(29-11-2012, 08:29 PM)306Puggy Wrote: [ -> ]Looks fine to me, says it's chrome valadium so it must be pretty sturdy. Also says it is from the professional range as well.

It's £3, it's going to be shite.
I use Draper DIY Series tools from Asda for £6 pounds, they have always served me perfectly. Obviously if you abuse the tools they're gonna break. A lot of it is people being snobby, TBH.
I have one of these and for the money its a bargain, haven't rounded anything yet?

It doesn't exactly get as much use a regular 13mm, and not going to put much force through it, so why pay more?

For regular tools that get a lot of use, I'll agree you want as good as you can afford, but for something so specific, unless you're changing pumps day in day out...
Because they always end up at like 13.2mm, so when you get a pump that's locktite'd on, it rounds it off instantly, then you've got a reet ballache on to get it off... I'd rather spend a few quid extra and get something that's going to save me time in the long run...

Call me a snob, but I cant stand buying cheap for the sake of buying cheap... I'm no Snap-On fanboi, but don't get me wrong, until you've used a set of Snap-Ons, you won't know what most people mean... There's a reason they're ungodly expensive.
buy cheap buy twice
Think it's the laser ones I've got and I've used the half moon 13 quite a bit and it ain't broke or rounded yet.
(29-11-2012, 11:01 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laser-Tools-35...484bf40093

Bought one these, REPD!
(29-11-2012, 09:55 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]buy cheap buy twice

Heh, more ignorant snobbery.