306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Cleaning inlet after turbo failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the best way to clean the intercooler and pipework after terminal turbo failure?

There's oil f*cking everywhere and about 1L sat in the lower pipes, had to catch a runaway engine when I fitted the new turbo as there's that much it's fuelling itself and smoking like a vietnamese monkey
I'm also interested in this as my charger might be on it's way out.
take it all off and get a bucket of petrol/paraffin, soak and swish, soak and swish
I use a strong detergant called tech clean strong TFR leave to soak for a bit and then rinse thorouly

Or can get most out by lettin turbo blow intercooler pipework if you dont connect up to intake mani
(27-11-2012, 06:51 PM)306Puggy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also interested in this as my charger might be on it's way out.

ooh, do tell me, is it a Dodge charger? Or a battery Charger?
Fire!

Remove it first though
(27-11-2012, 07:28 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-11-2012, 06:51 PM)306Puggy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also interested in this as my charger might be on it's way out.

ooh, do tell me, is it a Dodge charger? Or a battery Charger?

turbo charger possibly?
What I did was pour out the oil then pour a bit of petrol in and get a blow torch just watch your hair Smile
Uh oh, how badly did it run on with oil?

If it sucked up any ammount at all id put money on slightly having tweaked the rods...

Ive done this twice now, hydrolics it and bends the rods ever so slightly, mine have been knocking within a week, and spat a rod shortly after, I hope this isnt the case Sad

I normally just take the pipe off / use petrol to clean out the intercooler, and just petrol / pull a rag thro the boost pipes...altho as you have already now learnt, always do this before the first drive, or else the first time it spools up can be disastrous!
apparently if you piss in your pipe work it lifts the oil quite nicely as the acid/alkali acts as a cleaning agent
(27-11-2012, 08:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]apparently if you piss in your pipe work it lifts the oil quite nicely as the acid/alkali acts as a cleaning agent

Just take it all out of bay otherwise will smell rather pengy for a bit with blowers on hot :S

Iv only ever had hotside go and oil filled exhaust which is fun when youve fixed it and drive it round a bit afterwards