306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: xantia turbo hitting bulk head
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys just a quick one, I unfortunately (but not unexpectedly) blew my turbo in half last friday, too much boost for the little K14 and although I have a td04 ready I'm not gonna get chance to fit it as I have adaptor plates and Such to source so in the mean time I have a xantia engine complete that I'm going to rob the turbo off again a k14 yet this one knocks on the bulk head?? Thought they were the same set up tbh but something seems amiss??
Any ideas??
They should be exactly the same.. Before you do the swap just compare the two to be sure
from the way youre saying it you havent fitted the K14 yet or have you?

it shouldnt knock on bulkhead at all if its a K14 Ive got a TD04 which is very tight and it taps the heat shield over steering rack i think as sometimes when i let of the pedal quickly sounds like somethings tapping bulkhead, but its too tinnie sounding to be the turbo IMO
[quote='CJ_Derv' pid='166655' dateline='1354008136']
from the way youre saying it you havent fitted the K14 yet or have you?

it shouldnt knock on bulkhead at all if its a K14 Ive got a TD04 which is very tight and it taps the heat shield over steering rack i think as sometimes when i let of the pedal quickly sounds like somethings tapping bulkhead, but its too tinnie sounding to be the turbo
I've fitted it last night and it deffo sounds to be fouling somewhere not too sure tho I'm running xantia inlet and boost pipe work so may be those on the servo not 100% I'm gonna try locate it this aft but I compared the two and they were bang on so there shouldnt be any problems really??
last time I fitted a turbo of a xantia t2 I believe it also hit the bulk head just had to loosen the bolts and turn the comp housing a little bit.
Yeah, the downpipe elbow on the Xantia turbos is angled differently...
Ahh i see didnt know this
Yeh the comp housings are different - some T2, possibly K14's have a flange style fitting
Cheers lads sussed it out eventually xantia engine sits much flatter than 306