306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Another XUD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all!
I like this forum and I hope that some one can give me a litle help with boosting my XUD.At first I want safety for the engine,it doest'n metter how many hp I'll gain,but I'm aiming at 140-150 hp(If it's safe I'll try to get more).The idea is:
2.5" straight pipe,TD04,Some nice boost controler and boost gauge,Head porting(maybe),HDI gearbox,bigger brakes,2.5" turbo ways and bigger intercooler if it needs.It will be great to see your opinion about that setup.Angel And some proposal about the pump(I think it's Lucas,but not sure).
EDIT:Bosch pump
Here's the car on the top of the world Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[attachment=3559]
(19-11-2012, 12:31 PM)Nikolov_BG Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the car on the top of the world Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Literally with that ride height Big Grin

Plans sound good, seem to know what you want. Unfortunately safety can't be guaranteed no matter what you're running lol
150bhp is a nice number but TBH the engines are so cheap i wouldnt worry about blowing one.
What is TBHBlush
To Be Honest
T= To
B= Be
H= Honest

Put it together.....

To Be Honest Big Grin
hah Big Grin I'm not from UK.(That explains why I dont understand TBH) Big Grin Big Grin About the height of the car,I'm looking for some nice springs. -25mm may be or -30mm.For the next summer the car will have some nice rims....and that will be the end of the project...may be Big Grin
(19-11-2012, 11:16 PM)Nikolov_BG Wrote: [ -> ]and that will be the end of the project...may be Big Grin

Yeah, yeah keep telling yourself that!
you don't need a TD04 for 140-150 bhp . . can get that on a T2 or K14 . . . .with a few tweaks, Smile
With the mods you've listed, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't see 160 plus. Just watch your rods lol
I'm looking for the safetyest steup for the rods Big Grin
Haha snap! Big Grin

The problem with the pump on this car is that it's armoured which means you can't adjust the fuel screw. A ground LDA pin by itself makes a big difference but you really need more fuel. I've botched mine for now to make the throttle arm travel further, but you really need to get the pump off the car and angle grind off the armour to get serious. Lose the cat if it has one. Doubt you need a bigger intercooler, it's the size of a house already.

Before you look into springs, get the suspension bushes front to back replaced, there are a lot of them and they will be worn on a car of this age:

At the rear you have top links, drop links, roll bar bushes, lower rose joint bushes, inner suspension arm bushes, trailing arm buses and trailing arm bracket bushes.

At the front you have drop links, roll bar bushes, suspension arm bushes and lower ball joints.

I took a few weekends out and did the lot, then followed that with a 4 wheel alignment. The difference was shocking! Remember this car has passive rear steering and its cornering is very good indeed!

The car has 283mm brakes already, you can step up to V6 Coupe Brembos but you will need to up the wheel size to 16". A better option might be to look at the various performance/trackday type pads that will fit, 306 GTI-6 pads should do (Ferrodo DS2500 springs to mind).
Mmm about...You told me that the 406 pump si not like the 306 Bosch pump?(I don't undestand your post very well.)Today my teacher told me that he have some machine on witch we can adjust the right portion of fuel.
What setup do you run on your car? Smile
About the brakes...Can I replace the rear axle with a axle with disck brakes,now I'm with drums Smile))
That's right, the 406 has a slightly different pump from the 306. You do not have access to the main fuel screw as there is a metal plate (armour) over it which is difficult to remove. It is also partially ECU controlled unlike the 306.

I would think you can swap the rear hub assemblies with discs, but I really wouldn't bother. 90% of the braking effort is at the front, the rear wheels do very little. Spend your money at the front.

I have a custom LDA pin, star wheel adjustment, and a couple of adjustments to the throttle arm to allow a bit more travel (gives you more fuel). Also turbo wastegate adjustment to allow 20psi boost. It certainly has a bit more poke Smile
I must put a 306 pump
iirc not all 406 pumps are semi ecu......
I'll post a photo of the pump this days...
Here are the photos
[attachment=3616][attachment=3617]
semi-ecu one see the wires on top of the LDA cap that's the giveaway
(24-11-2012, 06:31 PM)Kwik Wrote: [ -> ]semi-ecu one see the wires on top of the LDA cap that's the giveaway

so what does the tps control on these pumps then???
it's for advance as a wire goes to one of the injectors iirc
So,what I have to do?
the max fuel screw is armoured iirc so you need to grind off the armour to get to it. But you have to be careful not to grind off the screw! a dremel may well be your best friend there.

When you done that you can pump in extra fuel to match the td04
What's iirc?
Some pic guide? Smile
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

and i haven't got pics and i may be wrong lol. Have to wait for one of the pump guru's to confirm
What boost I can run on the stock turbo without opening the pump?(I think stock pump=stock boost,but I must ask) Smile))
well you can do the turbo wastegate but no point if you can't up the fuel
Remember this isn't petrol - there's no AFR to worry about, running lean doesn't cause any issues, it's running lean all the time! You can turn up the turbo, but you wouldn't achieve any more power than standard as there's no more fuel to go with the air... You can wind up the pump a bit without winding up the turbo, but as a rule, you'll want to adjust the two together...

You can achieve around 135-145 on a stock turbo and tweaked pump if you do a hard tune Smile
Raun is the max fuel screw armoured on the semi ecu pump and does the ecu control advance or am i totally wrong?
Can I put the older Pump without ecu control?
Pages: 1 2