306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Running like shit need help changed everything now with video first post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fitted bosh pump and its running like shit

Came off my old running car.

It's white smoking everywhere Doesn't want to idle. Checked timing and its spot on any ideas? It's baffled me.

Right, checked the pulley and key it's fine

Got a different set of Bosch injectors in

Standard Bosch pump has been put on still got anti tamper caps on.

Still running like shit video below

http://http://i39.photobucket.com/albums...A20ED9.mp4
Did you replace a Lucas? Thinking maybe you didn't move the studs.
Used the Bosch bracket pal
O ok, that's me out of ideas!
Cheers mate I'm stumped too
Advance on the pump?
bosch or lucas injectors?
Everything Is Bosch took them off my old car and put onto new

Tried adjusting pump but still smokes
Anyone got any ideas?
Anything to do with the timing piston in the pump? How long was the pump not used for? Could of seized up?
Bout a month it's been sat mate
Well im not expert but i know that the internals like to rust up if there not full of diesel.. Im sure someone with more knowledge can confirm or deny soon!
What colour smoke and what does the smoke smell like?

Is it using any oil or water?
Does the smoke clear when it's up to temp?
It always smoked white when cold but cleared up when it was warm, but it won't run since I put the pump on its pouring white out and smells bit like derv
dicky injectors? i assume you're using the bosch ones?
Yea using Bosch ones, don't understand it, was running fine on the other car it's all come off the old car pump bracket lines and injectors.

Would the lines being on wrong cause this?

Just thought because there not joined together in pairs there all loose....
It would cause problems but it would be pretty difficult to get them on wrong without bending them.
Think there slightly bent anyway, only thing I can think of!

Lines on wrong so it's injecting derv when It shouldn't be so not being burnt hence the white smoke and stinking of derv and running crap only thing I can think?
Get a picture of your lines up
I'll post one up when I get home give me half a hour cheers pal
just been reading a few threads about this each time its been the timing out i would lock the crank of and recheck it again.
Certainly sounds timing related. Make sure when you retime it up to check it that the locking bolts you use on the cam and more importantly the pump, screw right in, like 10+ turns. Also, might be worth checking the woodruff key, and slot for it on the pump shaft and pulley, just to make sure they aren't warped/mangled slightly, which would let the timing shift slightly.

May also be worth removing the front advance cap and checking the piston hasn't seized/locked over the last few weeks.

I assume by adjusting it and making no difference that you mean you've adjusted it on the slots/static advance? If not, obviously try that first.

And with regards to injectors, it is possible, depending on how you've stored them, that you've clogged or snapped a nozzle and it's running shitty because of that. Could check that by undoing the union nut on each injector individually and seeing if it improves, bearing in mind that it'll obviously run on 3 cylinders but the smoke should clear up at least and show which injector is at fault.
Ahh, Im fitting a bosch soon.

Hate reading threads like this, I always think of the worst.

hope you sort it out bud =]!
The Bosch pulley is slighly mangled where the woodruff key goes on but didnt think it would be a issue? It slotted on fine recon this could be it?

Rept I've done 3 now and they have all been fine it's just there isn't something right this time, get it bolted on dont worry it will be fine
Certainly could make a difference, just .5mm of play on the woodruff could mean 1 tooth out effectively on the belt...
Really! Yea it's pretty mangled I got a spare pump so may be worth swapping the pulley and see what happens what you think?
Changed the woodruff key and pulley and it runs better but still white smoke, idles really lumpy, it dies down to 500 rpm and revs itself back up to 900 rpm and then cuts out after a minute or so of that happening.

If I take it over 3k it seems to be ok smoke clears up a little.
Got the fuel lines on the right way round, one off the filter to the left of the pump and one off the right of the pump down the back of the engine?

Also, have you removed the cold idle spring if you gov modded it?
Yea there on the pump as you describe.

It's been goved but the pump was fine on the previous car Confused

When you hold the revs it sounds like its hunting/missing and the engine shakes
Pages: 1 2