306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Double checking my rattly dturbo.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been running my dturbo for a bit today and after a while noticed a rattle coming from cambelt/fuel pump area.
I know these engines are very rattly anyway more rattly than my hdi was.

So here's a video if you notice a rattle that's not normal than just say.

[Image: 9C88A7EF-0E59-4331-A9D5-20DD4C3580AE-244...E9D102.mp4]
Video doesn't work :S?
Video hasn't worked. How do I upload videos?
Upload the video to Photobucket and copy the link
Or youtube and copy the link :p
But yes d turbo engines do sound a bit "rougher" than Hdi engines.. Its do with the injection Smile

Sounds alright to me
Yeah I would of thought they would be rougher. But only dturbo engines I've heard are ones from a few years ago when I was looking to buy one. So can't remember how it sounded. My dad on phone said it sounded a little rough.
What temperature was it at? They all sound even rougher when cold.
It was at about 70.
The rattle didn't get worse when revved.
To me, it sounds normal. Im sure someone else will voice there opinion aswell soon then we'll have a more definitive answer! Big Grin
Yeah cheers for the help. It's doesn't sound life threating but just wanna be ok safe side.
sounds like my little chugger! thats all good pal Smile

oh and remember! its old and french.... things are going to sound broken hahaha
Just pump advance isnt it? Mine's the same, nothing wrong there
Sounds fine to me
Sounds like it's lubricated with spanners.... Spot on Wink
Ok that's good then thanks lads Smile it's going to be serviced soon anyway as i don't know when it was last service so that may quieten down.
It's going on road on 1st November. If its running ok after Christmas then it will get cambelt kit as well as Bosch pump Smile
think your racoon gasket has had it

[Image: 36579_4740378264676_2024873057_n.jpg]
SCOTT. make that picture ed's avatar pleease!
(15-11-2012, 10:37 PM)Kwik Wrote: [ -> ]think your racoon gasket has had it

[Image: 36579_4740378264676_2024873057_n.jpg]

Pahajahaaaaa!!!! I hope not! Specially now ed has backed out the group buy :/
Kenti - you'll be getting as paranoid as Ed at this rate lol. Just accept it ain't gonna sound anything like as smooth as your Hdi which incidentally kept breaking down and you ended up breaking it Sad

The XUD's are much older tech, easier to fix and less problematic but have lots of these [Image: uqu6e6en.jpg]

But not many of these
[Image: abegy9u7.jpg]
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(16-11-2012, 02:48 AM)ash240970 Wrote: [ -> ]Kenti - you'll be getting as paranoid as Ed at this rate lol. Just accept it ain't gonna sound anything like as smooth as your Hdi which incidentally kept breaking down and you ended up breaking it Sad

The XUD's are much older tech, easier to fix and less problematic but have lots of these [Image: uqu6e6en.jpg]

But not many of these
[Image: abegy9u7.jpg]
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hahaha!!!

Btw my hdi only broke down once in 20k miles!!!!
What killed it then?
No idea after fitting clutch it just never started :/.
Sad gutting