306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: T2 Safe Running Psi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically as title really what psi is it safe too run a t2 on without having too worry about it going pop? ThumbsUp Any replies appreciated Smile
Standard PSI.
20-25psi
Thinking of turning it down too about 20 too play it safe?

What's everyone else running out of interest?
Completely depends on the condition of the turbo Rhys, they even blow at standard boost eventually. Anything over 25 is generally pushing your luck, but will probably still last 6+ months of you drive it well, 20 is pretty safe tbh, but still doesn't guarantee it will be fine...
Yeah, mines still got that boosting problem i need you too look at; been searching on here and someone had the same problem and it was the wastegate arm had popped off?
26PSI is the sweet spot on those with LDA + Gov mod in my opinion. (:
Mines been running 26psi for 3yrs now, and my turbos done 177000mls
Sweet! What other mods you running?
Mine ran around 32-34 psi for over a year but has since been lowered by a slight gasket leak to 27-28 psi
Remember, a leak doesn't mean less pressure on the turbo, it simply means the turbo is spinning faster to piss the air it pressurised to atmosphere... It's actually quite damaging lol....
If you none turbo it then it will be safe lol
You against a cheeky bit of boost now mowle ninja
28psi and turbo's actually ok still. Thought it was making some weird noises but it turns out it wa a split boost hose.

Mine hardly ever sees peak boost though, but more commonly hits about 20psi pulling onto motorways etc.

Buy it? You have a spare then in case yours goes pop Wink
T2? How much we talking? pm meee
YHPM Wink
me and louis123 had his t2 on a lucas running at 30psi