306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dturbo wooshing/turbo sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seen a dturbo the other night R reg diablo in st austell maccies if it was anyone on here.. But he over took me a treat on the bypass i seen him coming dropped to third and booted it and he just went passed as if i wasnt moving it was nuts.. Then when i seen him in the car park he booted it past me and his car made like this wooshing sucking sound and it sounded amazing and i wanted to know what it was so does anyone know? It was really loud aswell i couldnt tell it was a diesel when he opened it up:/
Probably a huuuuuge turbo Wink
I had a similar experience, Dturbo went past, though it was a turbo petrol if it wasn't for the smoke, I made a thread about it on .net but it offended people for some reason.
I wish he stopped so i could of had a chat but it sounded epic so though it ask and see if you loylt might know.
You should have been able to tell if it was a diesel if there was a puff of smoke when he booted it :-)
It was definately diesel, Still dont know why it souned so cool Sad
Colour would help...
a few of my friends old cars did this. they just had a standard back box ike the ph1 and ph3.
It says r reg diablo ..... pretty sure diablo is a peugeot colour. Sounded like more of a turbo noise than an exhaust sound :/
tomw1123 Wrote:It says r reg diablo ..... pretty sure diablo is a peugeot colour. Sounded like more of a turbo noise than an exhaust sound :/

Skim reading ftw Tongue
karl1989 Wrote:a few of my friends old cars did this. they just had a standard back box ike the ph1 and ph3.
yeah thinking about it the blaze in my sig does it too and ginges car, theyre both on standard backboxes
Rofl, wait till I come past up the St.Austell bypass.....Im pretty sure the car your on about is just a stage 1 DT lol....probs with a boost leak / straight pipe.
Yeah I was gonna say, St.Austell is down Darren's hood, god knows what his car sounded like when he drove past. Shame he didn't make more videos really!
Darrens car makes a massive whoosh sounds and sucks in little children
I would love to hear Darrens, If can get my stage one sounding like that i'd be over the moon, it sounded soo effin cool Big Grin
Darrens on the FCS rollers sounded unreal, like a jetplane going over your head.
If it was a black R plated DT making a wooshing sucking noise, it was possibly me just before I left...

Open pipe turbo FTW.
Ruan Wrote:If it was a black R plated DT making a wooshing sucking noise, it was possibly me just before I left...

Open pipe turbo FTW.

If you read the thread you would notice it was a diablo hes on about lol...
darrenjlobb Wrote:
Ruan Wrote:If it was a black R plated DT making a wooshing sucking noise, it was possibly me just before I left...

Open pipe turbo FTW.

If you read the thread you would notice it was a diablo hes on about lol...

lmao Yeah but when has Ruan ever read an entire thread before replying, anyway black could look diablo..........maybe.........
I was actually going to say it might be Ruan's if it was down that way but then I read it again and saw he said it was a Diablo.
Seen Ruans before but yes it was a diablo Tongue
Hence I said IF it was a black one, it's probably me...
Im not reading the whole thread..........but mine made that wooshing noise when there was a hole in the IC lol!! :p
If the one the OP is talking about sounds anything like Ruan's, no it didn't Tom. I was thinking it could be the VNT bus at first, I missed the Diablo bit too!