306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: cleaning inlet manifold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
picked up a new inlet manifold to tart up the engine bay a bit and its pretty bad inside. anyone got any bright ideas what I can spray/pour/soak insides with to clean it up a bit?
Carb cleaner.... Smile
petrol is good.
(21-10-2012, 06:12 PM)Alee83 Wrote: [ -> ]Carb cleaner.... Smile

did good job on the throttle body but needed a good wipe, which is going to be hard for the inlet

(21-10-2012, 06:18 PM)bayley Wrote: [ -> ]petrol is good.

+ fire, burn it out? Tongue
I used a pressure washer in mine and cleaned it out a beaut and then left it in the airing cupboard for a few days
Go down the petty station, get £5s worth of petty. Put it in a large bucket and submurse the inlet in it and leave to soak for a few days. Wash out with a hose or pressure washer. Jobs a goodun

Oh and use a bucket with a lid lmao

Or even better. Go down pound land and get a £5s worth (5L) of oven cleaner you wont believe how well that works and it cheap from pound land
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oet4qWeZuYA

just saw this Smile

that oven cleaner is hardcore stuff!
I think just a good soak and power wadh would do the job though and be a little safer lol
yeah I think so too, but safe is never as fun!
(22-10-2012, 12:09 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: [ -> ]yeah I think so too, but safe is never as fun!

This is oh so true
^^ Words to live by Wink