306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: what to do RANT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys while i was at work today the gf went out in the car to do some shopping and a car has scrapped mine on the bumper. she didnt notice this but when i came home i did. i would'nt mind but its not a easy colour to just go to the scrapyard and get one the same colour. i am going to go to tesco and ask to see if i can see CCTV to see the car and the registration. if i get any look i will go to the police station.

what would anybody else do. heres the damage

[Image: Photo0460_001.jpg]
Afraid there isn't much you will be able to do about it mate Sad
Im going to chance the obvious answer here and hope I havent missed something;

Paint it.
dam it. think im guna have to just dont want to have to pay the spay shop to sort it. i dont fancy making a mess of it
(03-10-2012, 06:08 PM)karl1989 Wrote: [ -> ]dam it. think im guna have to just dont want to have to pay the spay shop to sort it. i dont fancy making a mess of it

Shouldnt be too difficult mate, even with rattle cans, as long as youve got somewhere you can hang it?
Won't be much to spray that... was that tesco on anal road
im going to compound it. if that dont work im going to the spray shop. no tesco in brighouse mate
Anal road?
in all seriousness, tcut might fix that. looks like paint on in the photo so might be able to get alot of it off. certainly look alot better
(03-10-2012, 06:53 PM)Arron Wrote: [ -> ]was that tesco on anal road

I SERIOUSLY hope this is a real road name, and if it is then picture proof is needed!

Shame about the car but in all honestly the best thing to do is try and spray it yourself. Any members near you that can help? Insurance would be a waste of time for damage that small, don't forget you could lose your no claims/get a higher premium!
its called canal road not anal but there is a funny few named streets near me Smile. yes im going to give it ago just the paint is dear because it has to be mixed Sad. yes there a few members that would help i hope. just need to find some were to paint it
What a bummer :/ at least it does just look like paintwork though not cracked or anything. times like this I really wish our landlord would let us use the garage so I could offer somewhere dry to paint . Give us a shout if need help sanding or use of the electric polisher
(03-10-2012, 05:55 PM)karl1989 Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys while i was at work today the gf went out in the car to do some shopping and a car has scrapped mine on the bumper. she didnt notice this but when i came home i did. i would'nt mind but its not a easy colour to just go to the scrapyard and get one the same colour. i am going to go to tesco and ask to see if i can see CCTV to see the car and the registration. if i get any look i will go to the police station.

How much do you trust your GF? My mate had a similar issue, turned out his GF twatted the car on a bollard and played innocent afterwards lol.
Giveit a polish!
That was a typo... but someone has vandalized one of the road signs to say anal I'll take a pic!!!

I'm sure you could make that look a less noticeable using t cut with a shade of green, will be at least be able to remove the red tinge that's on the scuff
That would not be vandalism, it would be awesome improving

I have some g3 could give it a go with is it a factory painted bumpstrip or been done afterwards?
(04-10-2012, 08:41 AM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]What a bummer :/ at least it does just look like paintwork though not cracked or anything. times like this I really wish our landlord would let us use the garage so I could offer somewhere dry to paint . Give us a shout if need help sanding or use of the electric polisher

will do mate cheers

(04-10-2012, 08:54 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2012, 05:55 PM)karl1989 Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys while i was at work today the gf went out in the car to do some shopping and a car has scrapped mine on the bumper. she didnt notice this but when i came home i did. i would'nt mind but its not a easy colour to just go to the scrapyard and get one the same colour. i am going to go to tesco and ask to see if i can see CCTV to see the car and the registration. if i get any look i will go to the police station.

How much do you trust your GF? My mate had a similar issue, turned out his GF twatted the car on a bollard and played innocent afterwards lol.

i do trust her a driving i think lol ninja

(04-10-2012, 11:49 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: [ -> ]That would not be vandalism, it would be awesome improving

I have some g3 could give it a go with is it a factory painted bumpstrip or been done afterwards?

cheers mate. not sure think it may have been done afterwards