306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 3" turbo back exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm very tempted to make my own 3" exhaust system straight off the turbo. Has anyone fitted one to an XUD? Just curious as to what they sound like. I remember hearing DumDums HDI on youtube and it sounding pretty epic.
Ive 2 3/4" front to backbox sounds lovely and deep, cant really hear tone as running TD04L de-filtered atm so all can hear is turboo lol
ive had a 2.5" from turbo straight threw to a 4" cobra back box no middle section and it sound sweet,not that loud and it wistles on tickover...love it,lol.
Im just about to do this to mine, but by the time i get mine back together you will most likely have already done itSmile But if not ill let you know Smile
Make sure you do it from the side of the turbo, don't use the OEM elbow, otherwise you're wasting your time... Where it comes out the turbo is your biggest restriction...

You almost want 3.25 downpipe and then 3" back, or 3" down and 2.75 back... As it cools it'll keep up gas velocity...
Meh 3" is mote than big enough of these tbh, I've seen 650whp 6bts with 4inch pipes...3 inch is big enough to work with in the space as it is...
Lets go 10inch then? Wink

That'll be the plan if I can get all the right sizes Ruan. Tools will be limited so it won't be anything spectacular. Planning on sleeving or using a joiner and use a glass pack Cherrybomb for a silencer. Hopefully it should sound good and flow well.