306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: should i buy her lads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys looking at buying a 306, always said id want an hdi but cant really afford a good one with my budget so now looking toward d turbo even though i have this thing were i think they are less reliable for some reason lol.

looking at this tidy phase 1 http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor.../111792482

what should i be looking for? im worried over here in NI il buy a piece of scrap!

other options is this tidy estate hdi http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor.../111775584

thoughts??
The Dt looks epic. Buy it for abit less than that though, just aslong as you don't slam the arse down and make it coal like f*ck! Rofl
she would not be getting lowered proper irish style at all! lol. are these things reliable, if some uneducated willy screwed her poorly will HG just go? like what im saying is what is the worst that can happen? i know HDI engines better which is why i prefer them
They're only as reliable as the servicing its had. Either the DT or a HDI. They'll last a long time when taken care of
obv with fsh history if its genuine i could assume itl be okay. what makes the HG go? alot of ones over here seemed to end up with new engines
overheating by either the coolant not been bled and changed properly or being ragged to fcuk under the wrong conditions . .Smile
so... how do i test the hg?
(01-10-2012, 05:55 PM)rd070707 Wrote: [ -> ]so... how do i test the hg?

you check the oil, make sure it doesn't look at all milky, squeeze the top radiator pipe after she's been running a while, make sure it isn't rock hard, look at the coolant in the rad, make sure it's circulating and doesn't look murky . .

that's about the best you can do on your own, not a 100% guarantee but will serve you well . . . . .Smile
what seems to be the issue with the HG?
the hg only seems to go if your pushing some serious PSI through it
other than that theyre pretty bulletproof
well he says this has never been screwed but you never know. anyway il check it when i look at it was just looking experienced advice on how to check it cheers
That phase one looks a great buy, I'd be happy paying that asking price but if you could get it down a bit more then even better!
she does look sexy
does look well get her bought,if he says it hasnt been screwed or messed with check the max fuel cover near the bottom of the pump if it has marks on it were some1 has opened it up youll know theres been fibs told,does look a well kept d-turbo nothing major to look out for when buying one apart from weather its been screwed hg and torsion bar well obviosuly the normal cheeks when looking at a car aswell annd good luck
i went to check it out and the battery was completely dead! lol. waste of time
are you going to go back with a battary? is it worth the money do you think?
tbh was kinda pissed he never mentioned it was gonna be sitting dead and i went a fair way there. but yes it was very clean outside and the bay. dont know if i trust it
ah f*ck that no jump leads or nothing? were was the car ballymena? is it far from you?
aye ballymena, not too far but i had to get a train haha. i dont know if id be interested unless it was up and running properly. maybe just look for another one, been hunting now for months
Don't buy it, if someone can't be bothered to make sure it runs for when you go to buy it... What else do you think they couldn't be bothered to do?
it could just be that its sat for a while and it went flat doesnt mean its a heap tbh and maybe he didnt know it was flat but i get were your coming from id be very f*cked off if that had happened to me and out of spite i wouldnt buy it