306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Air leak fuel filter housing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a simple quistion i think i have air leak on the fuel filter housing, i have just ordered new fuel pipe return pipelines 3,5mm normal 3,4mm but does not have so 3,5 would work fine i quess. (internal diameter)
The problem is white smoke and rough starting so i quess after changing fuel filter there is an air leak on the fuel filter housing.
My quistion? is it possible to put on some seal tube on the filterhousing to make it good air tight?....Smile
(27-09-2012, 12:22 PM)306__xrdt Wrote: [ -> ]Just a simple quistion i think i have air leak on the fuel filter housing, i have just ordered new fuel pipe return pipelines 3,5mm normal 3,4mm but does not have so 3,5 would work fine i quess. (internal diameter)
The problem is white smoke and rough starting so i quess after changing fuel filter there is an air leak on the fuel filter housing.
My quistion? is it possible to put on some seal tube on the filterhousing to make it good air tight?....Smile
Putting seal in the filter housing IMO is a massive no, make sure the little turny cap at the front of the housing is tight.
Ok Smile
Just use a universal fuel filter like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-LARGE-IN-LI...1e6c76c299
Ah ok thanks m8 il check it out Wink