306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Turbo>TMIC pipe, silicon upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone looked into having the standard turbo to Tmic pipe copied in silicon? Would mean it may be less likely to go under high boost and smarten up an otherwise ugly looking bit of hose, also for FMIC'ing if it could be made so the diameter at the pipe work end was slightly bigger, perhaps to accept 2-2.5" hose as I believe it is only 1.75"?

Cheers
The inlet on the TMIC is the same size as the pipe anyway isn't it? So getting a larger pipe wouldn't be much help I'd imagine as it will only reduce back down again.
As for the FMIC I've used 51mm (2") silicone for a K14, T2 and K04 which has fitted fine on all 3.
What about using that flexible silicone hose?
I am going to look into getting one molded, just for the colour choice mainly
Why would you wanna do this though Sam, like I dont understand the benfit unless your popping hoses all the time apart from to look pretty?
(25-09-2012, 10:06 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you wanna do this though Sam, like I dont understand the benfit unless your popping hoses all the time apart from to look pretty?

Because race car
Wouldnt bother unless your running a TMIC, re route it with an elbow that doesnt go smaller in the middle and restrict flow slightly
Its because these are common to split under big boost.
(26-09-2012, 08:05 AM)Arron Wrote: [ -> ]Its because these are common to split under big boost.

mines holding fine at 32psi Tongue

but i have reinforced it with silicone repair tape which has made it nice and rigid lol
When mine split it looked like it had been rubbing on the bulkhead due to vibrations of engine.... daft as it sounds that might be all it needs to protect/stop the pipe expanding too much under big boost
there is usually a plastic shroud around the pipe, if this rips or comes off while your on big boost it will probably split (as mine did) but the new one (from scrappy) has been fine, touch wood.
They generally tend to split if A - the anti expansoin plastic sleeve is missing / part missing as Dave said above ^^ or B you have a non stock turbo fitted and the pipe is distorted / stretched etc to make it "fit"