306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: rust in bosch pump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys been meaning to ask about this. a few week ago i had the gov mod done and there was rust in the pump and i was wondering can this cause any damage to the pump by using it daily or will it be ok?. cheers karl
Alot of them form rust on the internal components when there left for long perids not full with diesel / water in fuel etc..

If its running ok, there generally ok...If it was mine id strip it and clean it all 100%, but ive not known a running one to fail... theres a small gauze pre plunger anyway so any flaking rust wont end up in the injection system, if it comes off at all that is...generally its only an issue when rust gets bad enough to jam things, but it wont run / run right if thats the case, so id not worry to much!
I've seen a few that won't run properly or rev. The vanes get stuck or something? Sorry I don't know the inside outs of pumps, but have the essentials... Hence telling to speak to darren about pump mods.

I once took one apart, so rusty things inside had started to rot away. One that had a bit of rust also ran, but wouldn't rev over 1800
^^ thats pretty much what i meant by going to far, basically when the rust gets bad enough there are 3 things that cock up, 1- the vane pump, 2- the weights in the gov, and 3 - the timing piston....if 1 happens, dependant on how many rotors jam, itl either no run at all, or fail to rev due to no fuel flow, if 2 happens, itl try to run away like a bitch, and 3 will run fine, but have fook all power / smoke like mad...
cheers for that guys. least i know it ok then. i will get another pump eventually. it revs fine pulls up to 4.5k dont want to go anymore. its at 19-20psi but it does smoke.