306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: head re skim?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Going to re do my head gasket as it went wrong because I'm useless! I take it my head needs to be skimmed again, even though its barely done 50 miles?
Along as the surface is still flat clean etc I'd say no. It was only 50 miles after all.

I've known someone to put an I skimmed head on, ran better than before lol
Have you took the head off? what was causing it can you see any tel tale signs on the gasket/head/block?

if its not done many miles i cant see needing to getr reskimed i had this in the past and just used sandpaper and block and a quick wipe over it

has it got very hot when running shite? jjust thinking if it has it could have warped the head it may be worth getting a pressure test

someone will be along soon to clarify
Just use some 120gritt and some water she'll be fine
Wont need skimming again provided it was done correctly in the first place, just clean it up perfect again..

Did you get the head pressure tested when it was done before? Seems odd that its failing already?
Yeah was fully re conditioned, skimmed tested etc. I think I didn't clean the block properly, its burning coolant and badly pressurizing it..
Does seem strange though how is the water pump?? i know a friend who had similar problem but not on a 306 and he got away with changing the water pump and it solved the problem as the coolant wasnt being pushed around efficiently

Also another thing to check is your heater matrix take pipes off and put a hose to one side and see how the flow if through as as per Ruans thread of 'DO NOT BYPASS HEATER MATRIX' i had several headgaskets when i didnt realise the heater matrix was blocked so bad it kept causing head problems

Worth a check
let us know what you find
CJ
I've had mine go in about 50 miles. It was because of a crap gasket tho
Water pump was fitted January, so should be good. Used victor reinz gasket too. When it runs it sounds as if its missing ever so slightly, and bluey coloured smoke, but not that much. Coolant isn't going down either. Haven't checked the matrix but it blows hot and cold fine with no leaks..

Just about to put a new fuel filter in and shove a load of injector cleaner in with it.
Gave it some more stick today and didn't go well, huge pressure in the coolant, almost at bursting point I would imagine, and a nasty squeek started from the belts area, no idea what it was, only.did it for a few seconds though buts its enough to worry me. I have re bled the coolant before I drive home incase it filled with air or anything.
Sounds like you need to pull the head again