306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: lucas max fuel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right guys I think my max fuel is all the way open tbh and I'm gonna turn it down, once the caps off is it just a large allen key inside the pump that needs turning counter clockwise? And if so how much you reckon to turn it?
I think its a 4mm allen key iirc, i'll refer you to the guide that i used to tune my Lucas (hope i dont get lynched for linking to another forum!)

http://www.tdocuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6900

Hopefully you should be able to glean some information from that. I'd be inclined to turn the screw back somewhere between 90-180 degrees to start with, and adjust from there.
Thanks mate Smile cj's gonna come down and sort it out for me anyway since he knows what he's doing lol saves me ballsing it up
Well we sorted it you just need that tapping for the boost compensator sorting then we can re-tune it as i just turned the pump down a fair bit to stop it bellowing shit loads of coal out off and on boost, as pump was maxed out which wasnt needed
Got the comp sorted today btw cj, just got a new nipple tapped in mani and piped back on but still didn't seem to boost up Confused any ideas?
(12-09-2012, 01:06 PM)the milkman Wrote: [ -> ]Got the comp sorted today btw cj, just got a new nipple tapped in mani and piped back on but still didn't seem to boost up Confused any ideas?

Cos i turned the fuel pump right down, also the fact the turbo is fecked lol, get turbo sorted and will turn back up to suit Smile

And while ur doing turbo find some injector lines and injectors buy my bosch n whack that on and BOOOOSSSTTTT!! haha
I've put a thread up already for lines and injectors but no ones replied Confused
Get scrapyard searchin again then pal and will get it fitted asap, im now fitting a bathroom suite this weekend so will gov mod this pump during next week,

Im contemplating building a 11mm to see what difference it makes and if dont like it will sell as think my mate has a spare 9mm to play with Smile
You've got lines at yours aint you? Just need injectors if you have!! Ohh TD04 turned up today!!!!! Big Grin
Sweet matey im looking for another to sell complete setup ready to go Smile got ur pic just been mad busy fittin a bathroom for mrs parents ive got the lines yeah pal but not sure if they leaked but worth a shot til u get some
Its cool mate. Turbo seems fine, no in and out play just minimal up and down and spins free so should be sweet Smile ay you ever need a labourer I'm here for free it just means another favor you owe me Wink lol but on a serious note when you next going scrappers? No injectors near me Sad
Haha u mean u want me to teach you more lol , minimal up and down is ok as long as no in and out the oil will take up the up and down play out when installed, yeahh will have a look pal may even pop down tomoz as still need a window regulator

Think clutch may have started slipping a bit noticed pin was workin its way out the arm other day and little white bits what hold clutch fork in place are really worn only seems to slip in second atm as soon as turbo kicks in

Gona get paddle clutch and lightened flywheel off old engine and put it on this till can afford an unsprung paddle clutch Smile
well ive spoke to ash23 and hes got lines since might be best not risking it with slight worn ones and might have injectors aswel. hmmm wasnt there a thing about the clutches slip anyway when you put aload of torque down?

and did you happen to have box off old engine as that thrust bearings gonna send me insane after a while!!