306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: sump and HG block face
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took the air con compressor off, removed all bolts, but the sump won't budge, so I'm guessing the sealant is holding it on pretty well. Would gentle heating with a blowtorch help shift it?

Also, did some work on the gasket mating face, do you think its pretty much ready for the new gasket?

[Image: IMAG0207.jpg]
there should be no shit on either face!, get sandpaper on the block, and get a straight edge on the head. Screwdriver between the sump and block to get it off!!
Been using emery paper all day, I know there's more to do but I think I'm nearly there!
While heads off, might aswell take the opportunity to bolt on a bigger blower Wink
(01-09-2012, 07:29 PM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]While heads off, might aswell take the opportunity to bolt on a bigger blower Wink

The whole reason I'm doing this Smile Putting my HDI rods in as well.
Oh brilliant, what turbo?
Just the norm, td04. Only because I need a new turbo and I can't be bothered to cook another standard One!
As dave said i used a putty knife to prize sump off as was stuck with silicone,
Ok cool will have a look after work tomorrow, done enough today!
Top of the block looks good, just watch there is no crap between the piston and cylinder
I think I managed to get some crap in cylinders 2 and 3, so need to try and clear them before removing the pistons.
If you are removing the pistons dont worry about it, just clean it when there out. is there much of a polish on the cylinder walls?
(01-09-2012, 09:02 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are removing the pistons dont worry about it, just clean it when there out. is there much of a polish on the cylinder walls?

Erm, they are quite shiny..
Put a honing tool in and cross hatch them
(01-09-2012, 10:00 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: [ -> ]Put a honing tool in and cross hatch them

O i see what you mean, they are pretty crossed hatched, lots of criss cross lines everywhere.
There there to allow oil in, if its polished the rings will wipe all the oil off causing it to wear out quicker
Sump still wont budge Sad Tried tapping a screwdriver between the sump and block, but only have a rubber mallet to hand so it's a waste of time I think Big Grin.. Can't believe how well attached it is with the sealant, the only bolts holding it on are all the allen headed ones right?
Should only be the allen bolts round it but have a look round it, the A/C pump holds it on too, try a thin knife like one of the snap off stanley's and cut the sealant.
Auxiliary bracket has to be off too buddy, it catches the edge of the sump... Sucks I know...
Yeah the AC pump is off. I didn't see no bracket, will have a better look tomorrow. EDIT: done some research, do I have to take off the whole aux setup to get it off then? ie. the big spring by the pas pump etc?
Had a quick look this morning, couldn't see anything in the way, am I looking in the right place..?
[Image: IMAG0214.jpg]
Yeah, that whole aux bracket had to come off I'm 99% sure... From when I dropped mine I remember shouting and swearing and then realising that had to come off...
bugger, for what I thought would be a simple job has turned into a real pain!
Reet arsewipe init, are you converting to steel sump?

If you are you've got a whole load of fun to come!
(04-09-2012, 03:38 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Reet arsewipe init, are you converting to steel sump?

If you are you've got a whole load of fun to come!

Just removing it so I can get the rods out...
Whats the advantage of a steel sump, just not so low?
Turns out nothing needed to be moved, tapped the sump with a proper hammer and is just dropped off easy. I think maybe the ones that get caught are on non ac models? O well, rods out now and pistons now connected to hdi rods..taking them off to get balanced tomorrow!