306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: PLEASE HELP! 11mm Bosch pump conversion gone wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I've just finished putting my 11mm Bosch on it starts up and smokes like a boss non stop, it idles at 800-1200 rpm, it keeps bouncing up and down on its own, also if I rev it it stays at that rpm (on its own no throttle stuck or anything) it was just idling at 3000rpm but then I tweaked the max fuel screw and it's left it like this... Anyone able to .help me would be awesome thanks
At a guess I would say the gov shaft is not coorectly seated into the leaver set.
Camplate 180 out / f*cked up re timing engine...?
It has come off a running engine so surely the gov is all good?
Ah, pump must be ok then, sorry I thought you meant you had rebuilt an 11mm pump...

Sounds like you maybe have put the timing back wrong, rotate the crank to lock it again, and confirm both pump / cam lock bolts thread in easily...
Ok it's still bellowing smoke but idling better between 900- 1100 fluttering up and down and it's not getting stuck, I'm waiting on tools to check timing holes
What colour is the smoke? It sounds a lot like timing is out!

Sounds similar to when I put the camplate back in wrong ey Darren! What an evening that was! I was just about ready to cry; thought I'd killed my car!! Sad
It's white smoke, I've this evening checked the timing again and locked the flywheel off the cam is 180 degrees out and the pump a bit less, god knows how this has happened though. ?
(22-08-2012, 05:35 PM)jbppug Wrote: [ -> ]It's white smoke, I've this evening checked the timing again and locked the flywheel off the cam is 180 degrees out and the pump a bit less, god knows how this has happened though. ?

Excellent news. When you timed it up after fitting the 11mm did you do 2 full turns on the crank. If you only did one (or 3) that will be where you went wrong
The cam can be 180* out.... Remember the cam spins at half engine speed, so that's perfectly normal...

Spin the engine over another crank, and it'll time the cam and the crank back up, your pump timing, as you said, is *more* than 180* out...