306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: clutch to high
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys i have recently had a new clutch, cable and gearbox fitted. since doing this ive noticed my clutch is near the top. is there any way to get it further down on the pedal?.
cheers guys
Slam the clutch to the floor a few times should sort out the auto adjust
Auto adjust or manual adjust?

IIRC cheapo clutch cables are manual adjust.
ok cheers. im not sure if its auto or manual adjust. when i fitted the cable there was a spring on the pedal that i took off and havent put it back on. is that adjuster?
The auto adjuster is near the clutch lever arm.
(19-07-2012, 07:27 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: [ -> ]The auto adjuster is near the clutch lever arm.

ah ok mate. ill try what jonny B says then hopefully it will be sorted Smile
Does the clutch cable have a threaded part and a nut hanging off the end of it where it attaches to the gearbox?

If not and it has a big plastic concertina bit clipped to the subframe, that's your auto adjuster...
(19-07-2012, 10:06 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Does the clutch cable have a threaded part and a nut hanging off the end of it where it attaches to the gearbox?

If not and it has a big plastic concertina bit clipped to the subframe, that's your auto adjuster...

ye there is like a black block that clips onto the subframe that i can remember. will look tomorrow and get a pic