306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: ffs boost leak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently chasing a epic boost leak that's winding me up.

So far I've change D seal turbo to top mount pipe the top mount cooler all new jubilee clips but still have a boost leak I've now jubileed the t piece on the boost compensator and no better it seems to start at about 10psi and starts screeching at 14. Anyone know where this leak could be I had this at fcs.

Started after a head change. Could it be inlet bolts loose? Turbo is untouched at present so surely not leaking from the unit its self?

Here's a stupid question to would it leak from the rocker as I've noticed there is a washer missing from one of the three bolts but didn't think there would be much pressure in there

Hope someone can help
Wouldn't leak from the rocker
And from what you say the inlet is the last thing it can be so yeah one must be loose

Shine a light down the back around the ports and you can usually tell if you have a leak
Manifold bolts..............there is nothing else left if your sure that everything else is tight Smile
As said your manifold must be blowing, did you use a new gasket? Did you put ALL the bolts back in?
is the lda top screwed down tight?
Everything else checked yeah Ida screw? Not so sure

Darren it was a new gasket but was a gasket paper kit for xud9 t.

Would you suggest taking it off and doing it again?

Cheers guys for the advice
(03-07-2012, 02:55 PM)zekegti6 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything else checked yeah Ida screw? Not so sure

Darren it was a new gasket but was a gasket paper kit for xud9 t.

Would you suggest taking it off and doing it again?

Cheers guys for the advice

not the screw - but the four bolts/screws holding the top down, are they tight?
Exhaust manifold blowing from gasket?
Im going with inlet manifold try doing the bolts up first sometimes they are easy to forget.
Ok mate ill have a try mate cheers
Hi mate did you find the problem as im having similar but not as great psi leak

ta
yeah the guy who repaired it first time left 1 exhaust gasket off and 1 ilet one