306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Matts rallye project. operation derust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Yep vts tbs, couldn't for the life of me remember the thickness, also yes it is jimmy, I he made an appearance after work Smile rallye was looking shiney as always!
^^ Excellent, good choice, they do make such a difference. Cant remember the thickness either though!

I'm SO tempted by a hybrid rear arb, but i'll have to buy stiffer front springs aswell to compensate, so might have to be something to buy next year after my poor bank account has had a chance to recover from all the recent poundings!

Good to see Jimmy was there, how is he these days? I understand he also now has a Scooby???!
How's the Rallye too? Did you guys go for a drive at all?
Yeah has a scooby lol. He's good. Nah didn't manage a drive too much, took a little longer to fix than expected lol. Rallye is running beaut. Although I'm paranoid as f*ck at the moment about tapping haha
ROFL!

Fair play, really glad shes running well though Big Grin

You gonna be making it up to ACE then? You'd bloody best be!!
I can't get it off work Sad

Anyway gave her a clean and a little polish

[Image: 6192c03c.jpg]

[Image: 716a9f99.jpg]

[Image: 6192c03c.jpg]

[Image: 135b9b9d.jpg]

[Image: 0d90aa31.jpg]

[Image: 43e95217.jpg]

Bit of carbon wrap Tongue

[Image: 29a978a7.jpg]

[Image: 40ec52d1.jpg]
Not read through the thread (just the last page) but I can tell you 2 things..

1. The Xsara VTS torsion bars are 21mm, as opposed to standard gti6/rallye bars being 20mm. (VTS bars are 25% stiffer I think)

2. It looks like your rear beam needs sorting, bit of camber on there.. (unless you have machined trailing arms)

Please ignore the 2nd point though, I guess you are having the beam sorted if you have just bought new bars Wink Really need my beam doing, but so poor Sad
Yeah does look slightly cambered, will be on the list of things to do. Haven't bought the bars yet, they are near the bottom of the list, doing all the cheap/free stuff for a while as I have zero ££s
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels
paint the wheels

paint the wheels.

red.

nowwwwwww
^ lol what this guy says!

dont mind giving a hand with wheels Matt, can have a wheel refurb weekend at mine if you want? Got a good garage to spray in...
Then of course it would be rude not to go for a drinking sesh in the eve... Lol, game?
Inviting myself along here but I would be up for that. Need to do my cyclones as well anyway Smile
Do it mate, more the merrier!

At least it will save on buying as much beer, all these solvents flying about suring the day lol

We need to start thinking dates if Matts up for it
I'm game, but I don't like these wheels much lol. I'm gunna swap all the purple paint for red paint. Maybe paint them. I don't know if I can come up for a while though as I've used all my annual leave lol
Did someone say solvents and alcohol?? Count me in! Big Grin
^ lol

Do you work weekends then Matt?
Pretty much, I get a Saturday off every other week
Hmmmm, could prove a little tricky. Travel down friday night, get on it in town, then do the wheels saturday day?
Work will 8am Saturday..... Could prove difficult, I'll see of I can arrange some swapping of shifts Smile
Why not just do it Sat night/Sunday? Maybe line your doors up properly at the same time. Tongue
I work Sunday too Tongue
Progress today Tongue

[Image: f48c7816.jpg]

[Image: 65cd7fc9.jpg]

[Image: 23428a68.jpg]

[Image: 8849412b.jpg]

[Image: d0185da4.jpg]

[Image: d0185da4.jpg]

[Image: cd5a5da5.jpg]

[Image: c96d67b2.jpg]

[Image: fd9423d6.jpg]

[Image: c96d67b2.jpg]

[Image: fd9423d6.jpg]

Needs a lil paint

[Image: 580a21d0.jpg]

[Image: 61b95dda.jpg]

And the shit

[Image: 45086978.jpg]
How could you!! I hope that is all going back in
Nope, it's all coming out Big Grin surprising how much all that shit weighs tbh.

Just need to start reducing the weight over the front end too.
My diet starts today Tongue
(03-08-2012, 04:50 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, it's all coming out Big Grin surprising how much all that shit weighs tbh.

Just need to start reducing the weight over the front end too.
My diet starts today Tongue

I'll be honest it's highly tempting to properly strip mine again, as I've got the Scenic and I can drive my girlfriends car too.. just have the 6 for a bit of fun. I don't know I'd be able to live with a stripped interior though! I got 2 weeks off now though so we'll see what happens. Bring your wallye down!
Tempted, I've got to come down at some point and see curt anyway Tongue be rude not to have a mini meet haha
Good work matt,have you noticed the height of the rear after you stripped it out,i and alot of others had to re-lowering after.
Needs to be slammed Smile
won't be a mini meet if you're there... whistle

Big Grin
(03-08-2012, 11:11 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Good work matt,have you noticed the height of the rear after you stripped it out,i and alot of others had to re-lowering after.
Needs to be slammed Smile

Yeah the rear has come up a tad, which is okay. I plan on lowering it anyway. But that will have to wait till I have springs.

(03-08-2012, 11:24 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]won't be a mini meet if you're there... whistle

Big Grin

C U N T
30-70 I did this morning.

[Image: 2e9d0ffc.mp4]

It's not that slow, that vid was filmed on an incline too. Got to naughty speeds very quickly and sounds win!
werre did you get the net from?
30-70 video fail?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22