306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Matts rallye project. operation derust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Matt.............your starting to sound like Ed.........your car will be tapping next..........
Lol I just fail, think beacuse I really didn't give a shit about the xsi I'm kinda making up for it with the rallye by buying stuff and paying to much hahahah
Well........

It runs Big Grin
Nice one mate Big Grin

taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap Tongue
(29-07-2012, 04:57 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Well........

It runs Big Grin

Any advance on that? does it tap? :-P
Nope, not a tapper. Actually I lie, it is a slight tapper due Tibet hydrolic lifters being dry.

Massive thanks to Niall who pretty much did everything by himself.
Big thanks to poodle for picking up the wad this week for me Smile and giving me a lift to pic it up Smile
Also thank to Scott, fooby, grant and jimmy for making an apereance and helping out where we could Smile

Got a few hundred easy miles and a couple of oil changes and a service and we will back back to hooning!
Photos to come later Big Grin
It ain't a tapper! It did sound bad when we first started it though! Purs like a beaut now!

Give it a few hundred miles and start upping revs a throttle and before you know it you can go ragging again!
Cheers for the good weekend lads! Just got home after a easy drive home and now am in need of a shower, beer, dinner and lazing!
Lol nice one guy's! well done niall! did Ruan make an appearance to help out in the end?
Was a good weekend, great laugh.

[Image: 8114f550.jpg]

Lol cambelt shreds
[Image: 345dd2ca.jpg]

Cambelt:
[Image: 7699142d.jpg]

Stupid oil catch hose routing for lols
[Image: fad99bbd.jpg]

Local brothel maybe?
[Image: 68bb1300.jpg]

Geezer playing didgeridoo at bus stop. Crank:
[Image: 800df4a5.jpg]

Epic weather:
[Image: 6acfc489.jpg]

Thanks for a good one guys, had a cracking time, lots of laughs and glad Matts car is going well again.
Props to Niall for his hard work!
I'm sorry I wasn't there guys, I simply couldn't afford it, so, Niall - sorry you had to do it all on your own!!!

Glad it's all back and working though, good to hear!
(29-07-2012, 06:13 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry I wasn't there guys, I simply couldn't afford it, so, Niall - sorry you had to do it all on your own!!!

Glad it's all back and working though, good to hear!

Shame you couldn't come down tbh. Would of been good to see you. Didn't mind doing it all (well not all. People got stuck in here and there). Very satisfying on that first start
Let the pics do the talking.

[Image: a017324b.jpg]

[Image: 64ab0e2c.jpg]

[Image: f97f8bca.jpg]

Cambelt fluff

[Image: 879ac519.jpg]

[Image: 84d11a40.jpg]

[Image: a6342432.jpg]

[Image: 338ccb0b.jpg]

[Image: 7a51cda8.jpg]

[Image: d7664cca.jpg]

[Image: bd216ef7.jpg]

[Image: a96e0057.jpg]

[Image: 9bb59327.jpg]

[Image: 9c5c0235.jpg]

[Image: efd5d695.jpg]

[Image: 14e7b357.jpg]

[Image: 1b892fc5.jpg]

[Image: 0b0a5e42.jpg]

[Image: 8953a5b9.jpg]

[Image: a306d53a.jpg]

[Image: a0e5a088.jpg]

Rebuilt at last!

[Image: 2628ab01.jpg]

[Image: 82ce86b7.jpg]
[Image: 0f1b3256.jpg]
I see Grant was making the place look like a pikey camp... Good work Grant!
gutted i missed out on this!
love it how the buy with a hernia is pulling the car up the hill lol
Haha hero! Surprising how a rallye is "light" yet still weighing a ton if pushing it!
Pikey camp?

Ill have you know the correct term is traveler's estate!

That was not easy getting that car back to yours matt. Next time, we tow it haha

(i'm just assuming there's going to be a next time) lol
(29-07-2012, 06:21 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]gutted i missed out on this!
love it how the buy with a hernia is pulling the car up the hill lol

What the pic doesn't show you is me sweating my coconuts off pushing from behind (how Matt likes it I hear?) and Matt pushing most of the time!

Really did have a epic weekend. As usual the trolling was at obscene levels and the discusting and sick comments were at a all time high!
lol i figured that would been the case, maybe a little less risky then the push of my car was eh? Tongue

would been a higher (lower?) level of obcsenity if i was there...
(29-07-2012, 07:43 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]lol i figured that would been the case, maybe a little less risky then the push of my car was eh? Tongue

would been a higher (lower?) level of obcsenity if i was there...

Might of been quieter road but we were pushing it the wrong way up a one way street....up a hill.
Still at least it didnt piss fuel everywhere Big Grin

Oh and I think we would of given you a run for your money last night at Adams with the levels of sickness and general morally wrong comments.
well, as long as you didnt have to dive in through the window to grab the handbrake to avoid a tree collision... all good Big Grin

hey. weightsaving. racecar.

nonsense. i always take it further.
(29-07-2012, 08:09 PM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]well, as long as you didnt have to dive in through the window to grab the handbrake to avoid a tree collision... all good Big Grin

hey. weightsaving. racecar.

nonsense. i always take it further.

Actually, I did take a dive into the window at one point and did have a giggle at your car running away!
Sorry i couldn't make it down for Saturday, sounds like i missed some fun. Glad this is running smoothly now, did sound dry as fook when it was started lol. Good to see you guys for all of two hours!
it was dryer than a nuns lady garden

all good now, and will only get better the more its lubed Tongue

new air fiter too soon me thinks. no enough bwarrrpppp!
(29-07-2012, 08:35 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]it was dryer than a nuns lady garden

all good now, and will only get better the more its lubed Tongue

new air fiter too soon me thinks. no enough bwarrrpppp!

Matt it won't get any better than it was when we left. It sounded absolutely fine.
Gtis sound quite tappy anyway due to very noisy injectors. It did sound like a derv when we first started it though!
its got better haha i drove it down the road to pick lauras car up and in a 6 miles drive has improved, now really quiet. sounds beaut!just got to take it for a run in before i can giveit some! cant wait to see what its got now!
Fair play. I thought it sounded fine when we left tbh but as I said, mine took over a day before it properly settled down.
Might be me imagining it lol but I definatley think it was! Can't wait to get out my overdraft now so I can pay some people back!
lovein the car and whats goin on with all the pink cars lolol the bug and the mg

what are you doing next to her ???
The bug I my gfs lol, next few steps that are gunna cost money are sorting the suspension. 50mm on eibach springs an bilstein b6s stiffen the rear with solid mounts, new adjustable shocks, thicker tbs. pro race 1.2s.

The free ones to do,

Fit all the powerflex stuff that came with the car
Paint up my strut race and inlet with the paint already purchased
Strip out the excess weight, rear seats rear carpets, door cards, and some dash trims Smile
Matt, you going for VTS tbs then?

Also, is that Jimmy's Rallye I can see parked at the end there?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22